What have you learned on the scubaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sylvain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that a lot of member post joke or comment about different threads but really what did you learn on scubaboard that has change your way of diving to make you a better diver wether it is a safety or the way you now prepare yourself for a dive?????

:popcorn:

I've learned about getting my trim perfected, and by doing so, I have really improved my SAC, which is the one thing I was agonizing over. I've learned about springstraps, jet fins, back inflate vs. jacket BC's... I've learned other peoples' philosophy on diving, what it means to them, and their own views of the sea and marine ecosystem. I've learned how to be a more considerate, more knowledgeable, and safer diver, and I've learned that mistakes, accidents, and incidents can happen to anyone at any time. I've learned how to be a better buddy, and I've learned what direction I'd like to take with my diving and training.

In short, ScubaBoard has made a huge difference to me, as a diver. Thanks.

dlndavid:

:coffee:

1) Nobody ever uses the "search"

2) Even fewer read the entire thread before piling on to repeat the obvious

3) The last vacation to Club Dread was the bestest dive vacation ever

4) When diving in the dark, keep at least one small light on and covered with your hand, that way if you croak out, they're more likely to find you making it easier for your pals to split up your gear.

And #4 is something that had never occured to me before it was mentioned on SB a few weeks ago. Well worth reading for that tip alone.

You can't beat SB

I've learned to much to really type it all in here. I seriously wish I had the time to type all of it. I just know I'm VERY grateful to a select few on SB that have helped and guided me through different things and I am grateful to all other SBers that has asked the questions I hadn't thought about and I'm grateful for ScubaBoard in helping me learn everything I have.

(I find it funny, still a noob, with only 21 dives but, I feel that I have a LOT of knowledge that I will use on any dive for now on.)

Michael

That it is OK to have a yellow snorkel!

Dave
DDHF

This board is a great source of information and I am very thankful for it.

The number one thing that I have learned is that there are other ways to progress in scuba education other than the highly commercialized routes with which I had previously known.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom