What if someone got Covid tested positive during liveaboard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kkshxt

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
hi,

I am planning to dive Komodo in August, on a liveaboard.
One of my friend warned me, that if someone on the ship tested positive during the trip, the trip maybe cancelled right away, without refund.
In his point of view, we shouldn't be on any liveaboard.
Instead, land based diving is more safe.
Can anyone kindly advice me how to figure it out?

thank you~

Happened!! Nightmare.
Raise the question directly with the organizer.

Make sure that you have proper insurance to cover such an event.

Did a live aboard with Mike Ball out of Cairns in January, from memory we were told you would be isolating in your cabin for the rest of the trip, if you were COViID positive. Everyone, guests and crew, had to do a RAT at the office before boarding

Do not bother with covid testing, opt out of any such tests.
In many cases you are supposed to monitor yourself for the first few days after arrival in the country.
Make sure that you have proper insurance to cover such an event.
ABSOLUTELY. Because you might not be able to catch your scheduled flight home if you have been tested +ve or being isolated.

It would have to be more than prorated trip costs to make sitting in my cabin the rest of the trip "ok."

Comprehensive travel insurance from a reliable company is the only way to go these days. You may pay a few extra $ for this, but the peace of mind is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom