what is dir

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CRDiver:
DIR ("Doing It Right") is a form of scuba fascism that dictates exactly how you configure your gear, how you kick, how you respond to situations, who you dive with, etc. If you choose not to conform completely to the DIR philosophy, you are called a "stroke," which has been variously defined as a poor, unsafe or suicidal diver. DIR advocates will try to sugarcoat their beliefs for mainstream consumption, but it ultimately comes down to an attempt to impose their methods on the diving population at large through ridicule and isolation.

The above definition applies only to true DIR advocates, and not those who intelligently choose to accept what is good in their system and disregard what is not.

My, my, somebody woke up grumpy this morning, didn't they? You should remember what Mom said - nobody likes a crabby-appleton and you'll win more arguments with honey than vinegar. You should also remember what Dad said - you keep talking like that and you're going to end up in your room with no supper. Why not edit your post and try for a little less "argumentative" and a little more "conversational?"

Doing it Right is a holistic approach to diving that relies on intensive, standardized training, teamwork, methodology and equipment. It is complex and believes that all aspects of diving must be considered as inter-related. At it's best, it's a great way to dive safely and enjoyably. At it's worst, it has some practitioners that aggressively dismiss any school of thought other than their own. Sort of like CRDiver.

Their primary means of advertising is generating "buzz" on usenet groups, forums etc. This thread is a good example.

This really is too much. Way to welcome the new kid, everyone... if I didn't know this board and some of you, I wouldn't be inclined to ask anyone anything after this lovely little show.

Answer the question asked.... then grow up.

R

biscuit7:
Answer the question asked.... then grow up.

R

Um ... Rachel who are you addressing this to?

I believe the question got answered ... the rest of the thread is just white noise.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

NWGratefulDiver:
They don't impose their beliefs,
Oh, yeah!! UP tried to convince me the the only quality salsa a diver should eat is something called Green Lizard Pepper Salsa.
Pushy guy...

Uncle Pug:
And did you do as I suggested and journey across the high mountain to get the Green Lizzard? Hmmmm?
SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I'm a Salsa Stroke!!!

Is how much and when it was serviced last. Apeks is a good Reg.
A 7' hose has a value also.
Fred

You can't even begin to understand what you are missing until you have tasted of the Green Lizzard.

You think you can take bits and pieces (such as jalapeno, garlic and onion) and combine them with things you have learned on the internet. No my friend... it doesn't work that way... it is a holistic sauce.

Go to the smooth water in the canyon over the high mountain... taste of the Green Lizzard and you will know of what I speak.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom