What is the difference between Scubapro and Halcyon regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

And yes the G260 valve is stiffer than a G250 and G250V.

SP, although not openly, have advised you can use a G260 valve with the G250V ever since the G250V valve became NLA. They won't officially say this as I'm assuming it's not been tested officially. But it does work, I've tested it, lots.

I'm talking about valves themselves, but I'm pretty sure the case outlet diameter is the same between the G250 and G250V is the same but is smaller on the G260.
Yes, I understood that. I have noted the differences in valve diameters and possibly durometer but have not critically measured the case outlet diameters.

I’ll bet the reason for the weird and ugly H purge cover is so there’s somewhere to grip so they can easily remove the cover UW to clear sand and rocks out. They probably specifically spec’d it this way and it became function over form.

I suspect you are correct. Was actually looking at one today at a store, uglier in real life but think even wearing dry gloves I could undo the face plate, big cut outs.
I’m also wondering if they did away with the lock pin and the barbed diaphragm retaining ring to make it easier to remove the silicone diaphragm for cleaning?

I'm trying to buy the two in the store, if I can get them cheap enough, if I do I'll pull them apart and look. Did notice they kept the seat saving purge button which is good. I also noted they have halcyon engraved on the exhaust T. Diaphragm is now clear and no longer blue.

Sometimes I am slow but the H brand is a G250 best I know, not an HP, V or G260?

The H brand cover is sort of ugly because it does not have an S on it but function is always good even over form. At least it is not a stylish soft cover. I hate soft covers. The reason I do not own an Atomic, it is the soft covers, not the $. Well, that too, but I have two good kidneys and could get one if it had a durable hard cover like a regulator that costs $$$$ should have.

Will the H cover fit to a G250? I do like the metal perimeter bump ring. I think it would look really good with the S decal there instead of a silly H :wink:.

Okay, time for a group hug:grouphug2:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom