What is the proper way to flush your wetsuit after you pee?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would try to avoid doing this if at all possible.
There have been a few good recommendations already. Of course rinsing your suit is a minimum and hanging to dry. Someone had suggested using wetsuit shampoo or a viniger solution. While these may clean your suit and perhaps make it smell like a salad, they are not made to disolve odor. There is a product called "Sink The Stink" made just for this problem. It comes in a highly concentrated 1oz turtle pack or 4oz bottle. You dilute 1oz with 50gal of water and place all neoprene items in it to soak. Agitating every once in a while is good but not required. After about 15 min you can hang it to dry, no rinsing necessary. The product contains a specially cultured enzyme that eats away the unwanted bacteria. It is non toxic and bio-degradable. This stuff works like budda!! You can also dilute it and use it on moldy carpets, boat and RV heads and anywhere else you can find moisture or mildew.

make sure you rinse out your booties when you finish the dive also.

if im in warm water ill just hold it till i surface. cold water though, ill just leave it in there! ah, the warmth lol.....really works when you're diving wet in cassee! after i finally surface for the day and break my gear down ill just take my suit off and go rinse it in the lake and swim around a bit. dunno how thats gonna work in the ocean though, guess ill just do it the same way then soak it in the tub when i get back to the hotel

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom