What is your beer of choice?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can't imagine how you could "improve" Guinness by adding anything to it:shocked2: The sacrilege! Sounds a bit like saying "Hmmm, I'm going to see if this Dom Perignon tastes any better if I add some brake fuel to it"...

I agree that Guinness can not be improved. However it can be used to improve other beers.
You can't do a Carbomb without Guinness. And have you ever tried a Guinness float?

I agree that Guinness can not be improved. However it can be used to improve other beers.
:D Well said.

However, the way I see it, you only drink other beers because you don't have Guinness. So "using Guinness to improve other beers" is, as far as I'm concerned, a theoretical concept. In practice, if I have a Guinness and another beer, I'm not going to use the Guinness to improve the other beer, I'm going to drink the Guinness:D

You can't do a Carbomb without Guinness. And have you ever tried a Guinness float?
No I've never tried a Guinness float - and I perish the thought:shocked2: I have had an Irish Car Bomb though and to me it's a very effective way of spoiling a good beer, a good whiskey and a good liqueur all at the same time.

Edinger, Tubourg, or Guiness for me

I absolutely cannot stand Heineken, though many friends love it.

Heileman's Old Style or Pabst; ice cold.

-matt

I am a beer heretic. A European who thinks that the US makes the finest beers in the world. Light, crisp and refreshing.

I can't imagine how you could "improve" Guinness by adding anything to it:shocked2: The sacrilege! Sounds a bit like saying "Hmmm, I'm going to see if this Dom Perignon tastes any better if I add some brake fuel to it"...

A Black and Tan, starting with Guiness....mmmmmm

I seldom mix different beers, but was trying out someone else's suggestion from SB. As for the Dom Perignon, not anything that really appeals to me, with or without the DOT3 added.

I am with you on the Heineken. Has a bit of a "skunky" aftertaste to me, although I do drink it on Bonaire, when my only other choices are Amstel, and Amstel Brite.

I am a beer heretic. A European who thinks that the US makes the finest beers in the world. Light, crisp and refreshing.
:confused: WHAT!??!?!! Tell me you're joking, please.

Actually, I will say this, much as I abhor the mainstream American beers (Budweiser, Coors, Miller), some of the best beers I've had came from American micro breweries. That's one of the nice things about traveling America in my opinion; every region has its own local brewery and for the most part they make pretty good beers. Some that pop to mind are Abita Amber (New Orleans), Oak Creek (Sedona), Sunset Ale (south Florida).

I'm with you here. I'm not familiar with Tubourg but Erdinger Dunkel is one of my all time favourites and Guinness... well what can I say. I used to live in Ireland for a few years and I learned to drink Carlsberg there (which was the main competitor to Heineken on the lager front). I love Carlsberg and I can't stand Heineken. And here in South Africa, I can only get Heineken :banghead:

That may be a first. I might have to ship you some Old Style. it's the crisp'est!

-matt

The revival of the US microbrew industry has been one of the better parts of living at this time in history. It wasn't too long ago that the US beer industry had just a handful of players.

I'm not a fan of Bud, but I admire AB for the talent they have - the quality control required to produce the quantity of consistent product is astounding. And their specialty brews demonstrate that they are familiar with more than just the "typical" style that appeals to Rhone Man and millions of others.

I personally enjoy variety - and primarily among darker beers. I should be tapping a keg of Tommyknocker Butthead Bock later today.

Back
Top Bottom