What is your highest certification?

Your highest certification

• OW

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • AOW

Votes: 60 21.4%
  • Rescue

Votes: 67 23.8%
  • MSD (have card, not only meeting requirements)

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • DM

Votes: 30 10.7%
  • DM, MSD obtained after

Votes: 7 2.5%
  • DM, MSD obtained before

Votes: 17 6.0%
  • Instructor

Votes: 27 9.6%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained after

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Instructor, MSD obtained before

Votes: 21 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Is it that different?

Cave divers receive certifications...etc, etc.

The card you get for, say, Solo, is a card certifying that you took the class and presumably met the standards. It is not a "certification level" in the language of the agencies. It is a specialty certification.
I'm sorry that is confusing to you. :)
This is why the water is this thread is so muddy: not only do people want to compare the certification levels of different agencies (for example, in SSI the rescue class is a specialty cert, not one of their certification levels); they want to talk about their training levels (like CCR, or Trimix, or Solo) as being "higher" that (say) AOW. Apples and Oranges.

It is not a "certification level" in the language of the agencies. It is a specialty certification.
I'm sorry that is confusing to you. :)

Which agencies? There are more agencies than PADI. Sorry that’s confusing you.

Which agencies? There are more agencies than PADI. Sorry that’s confusing you.
You love an argument, don't you. I've looked at the standards for four agencies.....no disagreement with what I've said. Just you.

You love an argument, don't you. I've looked at the standards for four agencies.....no disagreement with what I've said. Just you.

Really? Did you check IANTD, TDI, GUE, NAUI....?

Don't stress it

Huh?
No stressing here... just a little poke at the scuba industry DM and instructor centered bias that just always has to peek through ... (as such my question was rethorical, the answer is "of course not"...)

I couldn't put down everything, it shorted the Assistant instructor and SSI Dive Con as well, just pick whats close enough. It isn't as if I have a grant riding on this, just putting some rough numbers to another thread.

I cant believe the lack of OW divers, 0 so far.

Bob

No need to add all sorts of ratings from other agencies that roughly correspond to the ones that you have. But since you are posting in the Advanced Diving forum, you might get a few more responses if you at least had stuff like AN/DP, Trimix, CCR/SCR, or Cave. You could even go a bit more granular than that, but probably there are at least as many tech divers here as instructors.

I voted instructor and msd before. Don't know what it exactly is, but I can teach all techlevels. For sportsdiving I am cmas 2* instructor.
In the poll is no option for tech instructor (and even there you have a lot of levels: adv. nitrox, normoxic trimix, full trimix, technical cave, the same range in ccr again.)

I voted instructor and msd before. Don't know what it exactly is, but I can teach all techlevels. For sportsdiving I am cmas 2* instructor.
In the poll is no option for tech instructor (and even there you have a lot of levels: adv. nitrox, normoxic trimix, full trimix, technical cave, the same range in ccr again.)
MSD is a PADI rating for people who did rescue and have 5 PADI specialties.

Most of agencies do not have an equivalent, so I suspect if you want to do it in the spirit of the poll, choose this option if you did 5 specialties before to become an instructor. (If your agency do not have something equivalent to the MSD rating)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom