What kind of logbook?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I maintained the first few hundred on standard PADI log book pages, then designed a page myself.

Now I developed a log book database that also allows me to track equipment and tank maintenance, training (mine, and when I train others), and it spits out condensed reports and listings to allow for less room to be required.

I now can print out the summary and statistics pages to take with me, and I download the dive information off of my computer (it's in the UWATEC Smart series).

I guess it's probably not available in the US, but I like the scotsac logbook - unless I'm training I don't always fill in all the details, but there's enough space for important info like gps and tide info

I just download from my divewatch (I use a Suunto Mosquito as back up and to collect the dive data) to the computer, I don't make paper logbook for some time now... ok, I confess, I am a little bit lazy to log my dives...

Suunto Dive Manager can export data as a .CSV file you can then open it with Excel and then re-save it as an Excel file......

No proprietary database and you can do all kinds of calcs and sorts on the data........the nerd engineer in me................plus being bored on a plane?.

I fly a lot for work.....so I do this crazy calculation.........average dive depth times dive time in seconds divided by 1000..........this gives me a factor to compare my longer/deeper dives.........

So far my best was 175.8 on a night dive in Malaysia.........57 minutes at an average depth of 51 ft.......on an AL 80 no less.......and I surfaced with 1050 psi.....achieved a SAC of .32.........what a dive......slow and relaxed.........:)

M

My top 6 "factor" dives.......

Dive Date Length Max D Avg D Calc Where Site
271 8/ 4/2007 3420 65 51.4 175.8 Aur Island, Malaysia Dayang Bay - Night dive
146 6/17/2005 3760 76 46 173.0 Costa Brava La Pedrosa
149 6/18/2005 3180 92 54 171.7 Costa Brava Illa Fariol
273 8/ 5/2007 3360 85 49.1 165.0 Aur Island, Malaysia Pinang - Drift
366 8/24/2008 3100 74 51.9 160.9 Lake Ontario Wolfe Islander - Wreck
129 4/19/2005 3620 64 44.3 160.4 Roatan, Honduras - AKR Fish Den #12

Back
Top Bottom