What makes a master diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dub5ire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
With 40 dives over 2 yrs I still consider myself a new diver. Recently I decided to get my AOW, thru my local dive shop.This is mandatory for some of the dives I want to do. On 2 seperate occasions I have been buddied up, by the instructor, with people going for their master diver cards. I should mention that I dive in N.J. where wreck diving can be disorienting with bad viz. Both times my buddies had a minimal number of dives and none in the Atlantic. Should it be this easy to be able to call yourself a master diver? My local shop advises people to do their AOW and master diver at the same time. One of the guys had only ever dived in a quarry before being my buddy.

You need to complete 5 PADI specialty courses to qualify for "master diver card."
Check with your LDS as to what they have available. It is no a walk in the park.
Good luck.

co2headache:
You need to complete 5 PADI specialty courses to qualify for "master diver card."
Check with your LDS as to what they have available. It is no a walk in the park.
Good luck.

You also need to be Rescue certified as well as having 5 or more specialties.

100s of dives in many different environments.

Cheers.

-J.-

In reality ... a few thousand dives in many different environments doing many different tasks.

In modern life ... depends on the agency.

If it is a PadI Master Diver, a credit card is all that is needed.

If it is otherwise meant to be meaningful then it would require hundreds of dives in many different diving environments and perhaps peer recommendations.

N

edit for typo

Back
Top Bottom