What no shark week thread?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only thing I watch for is to see what FFM the hosts are wearing.

I count that as a blessing but now you've started it.

drbill, no shark week would be the blessing! :wink:

Nobody else besides me gave up diving after watching Megaldon?!?!?!

Hey, don't nobody be knockin' Shark week!! All I had to do, was scroll through the entire week's program schedule, and voila, I found not just one, but two(as in 2) full one hr features apparently(based on title and info) not depicting evil killer Sharks biting people in some fashion ... It's all good ...

To get serious(and I know I'm not in the Pub:wink:), f=cked up beyond belief .... And, sorry, really no other way to put it.

Scariest thing about 'Shark Week'?? This "new and improved, better than ever" version will most likely draw an even higher number of viewers than the BS put on in past years ... Lesson to be learned? Bad(like really bad)is really ......... good!!

And I can't even BEGIN to discuss the horror of that first "special" full of lies and faked scenes and fake "scientists" claiming that megalodons still exist.

And I can't even BEGIN to discuss the horror of that first "special" full of lies and faked scenes and fake "scientists" claiming that megalodons still exist.

You mean that wasn't real and don't have to give up diving?!??! Are you sure?

Well I can stop planning my next dive trip. No megalodon means I'm not going mega hunting. I am crushed.

Kidding aside did anyone see the 2 programs about the GW on Cape Cod? They tracked "Large Marge" a 17-18 ft GW swimming in 6 ft of water a few hundred meters north or south from Chatham beach. They used a free swimming robot following a tag they attached to the shark. Pretty cool tech.

The captain got to name one of the tagged sharks. He named it after his wife Ruth...Ruthless :)

Last edited:
I still like the Shark Eden and a couple others. Voodoo shark was some time I'm never getting back that damn "rooken". =:^(

I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed with Shark Week...the Megaladon thing was ridiculous - almost as ridiculous as their mermaid "documentary".

And, every show focuses on the GWS. Is that the only shark left in the ocean????

Discovery Channel really disappointed...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I was invited to join friends for lunch at the new Blue Water Grille in Avalon. As I entered the restaurant, Shark Week was playing on their large screens. Grrrr. Fortunately the good conversation kept my eyes in another direction.

Back
Top Bottom