What regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First stage: AQL 2008 Titan Supreme,second stage: Titan LX
First stage: Apeks DS4 , second stage: XTX 40
Both easy to repair, get parts

Sidemount - HOG D3's with Zenith Seconds
Stage and Deco bottles HOG D2's with Classic Seconds
Single tank back mount - HOG D3 with Classic and Zeniths, New DACOR Pacer, Deep Six 1st with HOG classic on my OTS Spectrum Full Face, Edge Epic with Epic 2nds, Edge EXP reg set, I have an Oceanic CDX5 and a sealed DX4 (kits are non existent to get. luckily I have a couple I saved from a few years back). Threw away my Oceanic seconds.
Also have some loose 1sts and 2nds as spares.
Also have a couple piston 1sts for suit bottles and an SEA2 for use with my reg service blowgun.

Atomic T2 (yoke) + Atomic Ti2 octo (enviro sealed, mainly for compact tropical travel)
Atomic B2 (DIN) + Atomic Z2 octo (enviro sealed, local use and go-to extra reg for friends etc)
Argonaut Kraken with SP G250 octo (will definitely take on next tropical photo trip... the reduced noise and lack of bubbles in front outweighs the weight and size!)

USD Conshelf 12, 14, 21... Aqualung Titans, Micra ADJ in various stages of overhaul... thanks to Buddhasummer :D

Currently playing with Sea Hornet Mk5 + Command Air adjustable primary and non-adjustable Command Air octo (these are a real sleeper, very high performance at a bargain price... and easy to service once you know the o-ring sizes thanks to SB)

Last edited:
Argonaut Kraken.. If if cant handle it, it probably shouldn't be done.....

Single tank BM: AquaLung Legend LX Supreme din (with two identical Legend LX Supreme second stages).

Pony: AL Legend LX Supreme din with my original Apeks octo

SM: Apeks XTX50

Conshelf XIVs. Because I like to tinker and get into the guts of things and they fit the bill. I wouldn't mind lightening the first stage as the XIV is a boat anchor. But in the end I don't know that I'll go much further than an older titan. I'm not interested in spending a lot of dollars for a half a pound. would rather spend that money on other diving gear.

I have used Scubapro Mk10/G250s for decades but just purchased an Atomic Aquatics B2 so I could try it out. Since my oncologist cleared me to get back in the water, I thought I might try something new. My Scubapro regs have been fantastic, especially in view of the abuse I give all my dive gear, so I'll continue to dive them as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom