What regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have used Scubapro Mk10/G250s for decades but just purchased an Atomic Aquatics B2 so I could try it out. Since my oncologist cleared me to get back in the water, I thought I might try something new. My Scubapro regs have been fantastic, especially in view of the abuse I give all my dive gear, so I'll continue to dive them as well.

Let us know how you like the atomics vs your old set.

For 300 bar: poseidon cyklon 3950 first and second stage as main reg and on my second valve I have a 3950. with the octo.
I am still undecided if I want to keep the cyklons or not, because to me they breathe like dogshit if diving shallow (<10 meter). I might try out the jetstreams, but I heard they also have a hard wob for shallow depths...

When I dive 200 bar I use an mk5/109 main and as secondary an old mk2 from the 70s with a 109 octo.

My girlfriend uses
a mares 15x with a 109 second and 108 octo.
The second stages are purely an aesthetic choice.

I just love scubapro 109's so much. Best looking regulator ever made in my opinion.
Only downside is the small exhaust valve...

First off, I am a regulator addict, I own some 45 - 48 regulators of which more than 40 are in working condition, and of those, I would say that 25 - 30 are used in any given year of diving.

My go-to regulator for its incredible reliability and never needing to be babied is my USD Conshelf SE from 1985. Other Connies are also 100% workhorses.

I just dove yesterday using a ScubaPro MkVII/Pilot/R109 rig. You don't see too many SP Pilots in working order these days, which is a crying shame as they are still one of the easiest breathing regulators ever made.

Voit/Mares MR-12, IMO the best looking SH of all time, a very reliable system.

I really, really like diving USD/Voit single-stage DH regulators: Over-pressure Breathing, Stream Air, Jet Air and Mistrals; 50 Fathoms and Polaris. The BEST sounding regulators on inhalation ever made.
Also DH two-stage regulators such as the Argonaut Kraken and USD AquaMaster [including with Phoenix valve] are favorites.

I teach with a Mares MR-12/Proton, its small size and simple features are good for demonstrating skills to students.

Exotics I would like to be able to use more often [need repair / parts]: GSD 300 and Spinnaker, Rose Pro, Poseidon Odin and Nemrod Snark III Silver DH.

I have been diving a Mares MR22 Abyss primary and a Mares Proton Metal octo for about 16 years. I dive the Great lakes with temps down to 34 degrees F and it has never missed a beat. I like that it doen't have any knobs or levers to fiddle with.

For 300 bar: poseidon cyklon 3950 first and second stage as main reg and on my second valve I have a 3950. with the octo.
I am still undecided if I want to keep the cyklons or not, because to me they breathe like dogshit if diving shallow (<10 meter). I might try out the jetstreams, but I heard they also have a hard wob for shallow depths...

I find that Cyklons breath surprisingly well for what they are. Do you have the IP set right? They usually like around 165lp. Anyway, their best know for near bulletproof reliability, not superior WOB.

Yes, the Jetstreams breath much better. I have not noticed any issues where they breath badly at shallow, but they do really shine in deeper water. They also have the adjustable servo assist, to fine tune cracking point.

Mainly Atomic, Aqualung and Apeks. Also own a few Mares and Poseidon Jetstreams.

I'm not as interested in what all regulators you've used. More interested in which of them you've settled on as your favorite for any given diving setup. Tell me what you use them for, if you actively use them all.

Damn! After reading this post, I no longer feel like a rookie. Now, I feel downright incompetent. I have the same reg I bought six years ago when I was certified. Aqualung Micron.

I'm not as interested in what all regulators you've used. More interested in which of them you've settled on as your favorite for any given diving setup. Tell me what you use them for, if you actively use them all.

OK, my fav ones right now are: my Atomics (B1, M1, T2 and T3), my Apeks XTX200, my Aqualung Titan LX's....and my Scubapro MK25/S620 TI.
I use them all for advanced recreational diving, mostly on liveaboards.

My first regulator was a refurbished Dacor 900 + Dacor Pacer bought in 2010 after three years being certified. I used it until 2017 with hundreds of dives, when I bought a Scubapro MK25 + A700 + R195 also second hand from a well known source.
That old Dacor is still in use and I use it when I dive with my daughter (recently certified). She uses my SP.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom