What regs do you use?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you happen to know where I can get a piston back-up ring for a 3105? If I remember correctly the little piston O-ring is an unusual size too. I have not been able to find a kit for this reg so it has become my nail-gun regulator.
Do not over think this...eBay...inside a refurb first stage.

You need to separate the concepts of "service replacement parts" from "the rest of the regulator parts". Multiple perps provide service kits baggies, only Sherwood can provide the other parts and only to recognized dealers if "Sherwood still has the parts". My LDS started telling me that Sherwood does not have parts about 15 years ago. They were trying to sell me a new regulator, so who knows how many parts Sherwood has...

I buy service kits off ebay.

If I discover that I need a "non-service" part, then I buy a complete reburb unit off eBay. My last piston "part" cost me about $45 and came assembled inside a complete working first stage...YMMV

Do not get overly focused on hard to get individual parts, when complete assemblies are available for a reasonable cost..

I discovered this outlook many (MANY!) years ago as a poor student after someone tried to steal my beloved hardtop 1967 Chrysler New Yorker beater and they drove it into a telephone pole after I threw a brick at them through the drivers window. Insurance wrote the car off for $500 and then gave it back to me (saved them paying more towing costs from the impound to get it crushed). I bought a complete replacement parts car for $200. Stripped what I needed from the parts car and got $35 from a wecker for the remaining hulk.

I use primarely Aqualung first stages an Posedon Jetstream seconds.

At home i mostly use Aqualung DIN Titan LX supreme, I have both with ACD and without.

When travel I use Aqualung Conshelf SAE or SE2 yoke regs, but i am setting up one Poseidon 3960 with DIN and Yoke to try out next trip, while the 3960 have built in OPV I can use other hoses than Poseidon for my jetstreams.

Secondary i have some Titan LX supreme regs, but now i only use my Poseidon Jetstreams, they are smooth and easy to adjust, realy sweet. I got a bunch of them.

A matching pair of Hog Classics matched to a Hog D3 first stage.
I'm intending to take there service course and hopefully stockpile a few kits to keep me going for a good while.
Rigged with a long hose primary and a short hose second on a necklace.

I think I might be a reg addict too.......I've got 40-ish sets of SP MK5/109/156's alone! (including 8 mint New-In-Box MK5/156 B/As) New MK25/S620Ti. Yes, a pair of mint Nemrod Snark III Silver's as well. Not to mention 12+ sets of Atomics (inc (5) T2's/ (3) T3's), 3 Apeks XTX200's, 4-6 Poseidon Jetstreams, 12+ Aqualung Titan LX's, assorted Mares and Oceanics, and a handful of doublehoses. :)

Holy crap! You have a real problem....:D

@scubafanatic,

Sounds like you have a bad case of regulator addiction my friend. There is no known cure, short of bankruptcy [and that is only a temporary setback, IMO]. Love those MkV/R109 sets too.[/QUOTE

Regulators are kinda like Lay's Potato Chips: Bet you can't eat just one! :)

Holy crap! You have a real problem....:D

And a solution, from the sounds of it.

I just ran into a dilemma on my last purchase, I bought three real cheap old reg sets online to scavenge the SPG's for some vintage single hose regs, and all three sets work well when put on a tank. Damn!

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom