What`s the best quality of life, $,and diving in SE asia ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem

Reaction score
Hello... 415gem seeks to find the best area for diving. Quality of life.Best dives sites ( shore ??? ) nicest locals and afordable rentals. I would like to stay 2-3 months. Thanks for all the help :crafty:

You'll get a lot of differing opinions on this one!

I've travelled to every country in SE Asia and I think the Philippines would be your best bet. Fantastic diving, super friendly people who all speak English, really cheap diving and living costs and a vibrant culture make the Philippines though to beat!

Morty

Mortlock:
You'll get a lot of differing opinions on this one!

I've travelled to every country in SE Asia and I think the Philippines would be your best bet. Fantastic diving, super friendly people who all speak English, really cheap diving and living costs and a vibrant culture make the Philippines though to beat!

Morty
Morty Thanks for the reply. I thought of flying to Cebu and starting from there. Many folks I know are real leery about Phillipines. I am not so afraid but still don`t want any trouble. I understand the south of the Phillipines are the most pirate/ unstable area. Any must see spots? Have a great day, Kevin.

I am going on a trip in a few months. I want to find a good operator,great diving and some fun ( women ) surface interval breaks. Where is the best diving/best quality for the $ Kevin

415Gem:
I am going on a trip in a few months. I want to find a good operator,great diving and some fun ( women ) surface interval breaks. Where is the best diving/best quality for the $ Kevin
I stayed at Aqua Tropical Sports in Anilao,30 bucks a night,all 3 meal included,buffet style.Had a great time! I would do net search to see local diving sites,there are many.Philippines highly under-rated for diving and the women are HOT!!!!!
Anilao is locted on Luzon,about 5 hours from Manila.Batangas province

Quality of living to some degree depends on $$$.

Do you plan to work and dive, or just dive dive dive?

For work and dive, many foreigners seem to enjoy Phuket and Koh Tao area.

If you have the $$$ and do not plan to work, then Bali is great. They have losmen lodging all the way to the 5X Star resorts. Generally great diving all year round but you need to know here to go. If you stay away from the main tourist crowd in the local villages, it is very safe. It has more than just diving to offer.

Do a search for Sea Explorer. They have branches scattered around some of the best dive sites in the Philippines. They can shuttle you between various resorts/operators in their network so it should make your life a lot easier if you want to move around a bit. I used them in Dumaguette last year (El Dorado Resort) and find them very competent, friendly and reasonably priced.

davidlkh:
Quality of living to some degree depends on $$$.

Do you plan to work and dive, or just dive dive dive?

For work and dive, many foreigners seem to enjoy Phuket and Koh Tao area.

If you have the $$$ and do not plan to work, then Bali is great. They have losmen lodging all the way to the 5X Star resorts. Generally great diving all year round but you need to know here to go. If you stay away from the main tourist crowd in the local villages, it is very safe. It has more than just diving to offer.
Thanks Dave... I was in Bali and Thailand March and April. Tulamban,Gilli Aire,Lombok and Koh Tao , Koh Phi Phi. I want to go back to Phuket and explore Surin and Similian Islands for sure. I just like to find different excellent dive sites. In reading some posts it has become" increasingly sad " but true that some of our best areas are being ruined and stressed. Those who saw it are lucky. Anyone who sees it is lucky. I just want to meet like minded folk and explore our planet. Thanks for the input, Dave 415Gem

I am such a spoonge for all the great tips available here. Thank you ,ScubaBoard!!!! Yahoo-oo-oo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom