What`s the best quality of life, $,and diving in SE asia ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

415Gem:
Jason ... Thanks for the message. I love SB!!! I am gonna go on a trip soon. Was the weather good when you went there? Is there a best time of year to be in the Phillipines? Your tips are the stuff I live for. I have lots of friends go to Fiji or Manado and stay in $200 a night places, + everything . I know you can have a more real experience ( and a damn nice one ) for 25% of that $200 + . Having an awesome time . Fish dinners, beers...ahhh... Trying to get the most out of that hard earned dollar is mandatory. Cheers to you for your post. Kevin

More on Malapascua and Apo
http://www.bubble07.com
http://www.apoisland.com

Malapascua - Wobbly boot resort(Kwan Ba) Bungalow inland with fan and own bath - 800 pesos if diving with bubbles07 in off season including breakfast. - thats less than $16/ day. Be sure to bring plenty of money to pay for stay, beer and diving to these islands as it is difficult to pay with a credit card. You usually pay for diving in $us or some places may accept travelers checks. It is really hard to cash and change travelers checks in the Philippines - they like $us cash and you will get the best rates with cash of course.

Malapascua has a good variety of restaurants to eat at - I would recommend La Dolce Vita - Italian, Sunsplash - german owned with a wide variety of food (chicken fahita -hmm) and La Isle Bonita - good asian variety. The seafood fare is limited in slow season - I was one of the few tourists there last month. Figure 35 pesos at restaurant for San Miguel.

Apo has only two places to stay or eat at and their menu is pretty limited. I stayed at Libery Lodge and the associated Paul's Diving shop.

Cebu - Kiwi Lodge - kiwilodge@pacific.net.ph for res.
1060 G. Tudtud str. Mabolo - Cebu City, PH 6000
ph/fax (06332) 232-9550 about 850-1200 pesos/night you may get discount if you mention bubble07 and a trip there.

airfare to direct to Cebu can be more expensive than to Manila from the states depending on your departure. Figure $125 for roundtrip ticket Mnl-cebu. Easy to buy at airline offices recommend Philippine Air or Cebu Pacific. Filipino Travel Center can get tickets for you (fast service) Manila office is in Ermita (02) 528-45-07. Euro owned and well trained staff. they may be able to get a package deal or something.

I travel alone and usually like to stay flexible depending on how I find accomodations and diving so I never sign up for package tours. I don't work for any of these places but have enjoyed staying and diving with them.

sorry for the long post. e-mail me if you want to get more info on how to get to each but it's pretty clear on their web sites or if you would like any more info. I have been to Phil 4 times now and have have very few problems with travel there.

Jason

Hank49:
I lived in Iloilo, Phlippines for 10 years. Traveled thoughout most of the country. The only place to be really wary is Mindanao, in the south. Boracay, off the northwest tip of Panay is a great place. I lived there for a year. It's the "Paradise" desktop picture in Windows 2000. Some great dive spots too. You'll love Yapak 2. In 1999 dives were still only US$14 to $18. Bamboo and nipa roof bungalos could be rented for $25 per night. If you pass by Aquarius, or Fisheye Divers, tell Mi Young, Peter, Andi, and Carlos that Hank in Belize says hi. Hank

Hey Hank!

Don't know if you remember me,I used to dive with
you,Torben,Max,and the fisheye crew some years ago!

Hope all is well with You.
I still go to Boracay once a year for diving
and quality hammock time,finished my DM last year!
I still tour with Torben!

...It's a small world for sure!

Timo Kauristo

:crafty:
415Gem:
Thanks Bob... I appreciate all the info I get from folks. I plan to go to to Se asia and Indonesia for 45 days. Have a great summer Kevin
I appreciate all the helpful knowledge and advice. Nothing left to do but Dive,Dive,Dive :crafty: 415Gem

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom