What sacrifices have you made for diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not many sacrifices here. I would probably fish on the days I dive if I didn’t dive but that’s just sharing time between the two hobbies. The hardest thing is probably taking Saturday’s off to dive when it’s the one day I have with the girlfriend although I do from time to time and she doesn’t mind cause if she did it wouldn’t work out lol.

My beard. Each time I go diving I have to shave or my mask leaks. I don’t like the way it looks with just shaving over my lip.

On the other hand, I gained a dive buddy (my son).

...//... I spared no expense to be a princess. ....//...I don’t have any friends left!

What sacrifices have you made for diving?
I swore to myself that I wouldn't post in this thread. This is too much, I give. :)

Sacrifices? You lie. You know that you are in a better place. I've been so desperate (injury) that I've suited up and 'dived' the local stream in the backyard. Atlantic eels come all the way up here to vacuum up the indigenous minnows. Who would have known! Friends, yeah, they thought that was cool.

You just need a new friend set...

I have given up nothing for diving... diving is what it is all about for me. Besides, I like bread and water for meals.

I used to have a living room and a bathroom. All gear is stored in LR and there’s always something hanging to dry in bathroom.

My wife would very much like me to move the rebreathers from the living room, the regulators from the dining room, and the various dive related stuff from....well everywhere it is currently sitting. I’m not sure why, it’s not like we eat at the dining room table.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom