What scuba diving goals did you accomplish in 2007?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I did my Rescue course in 2007 and got in double the amount of dives I thought I would:D

For 2008, I want to log my 100th dive. And dive the Blue Hole in Belize in April.

I took some cave diving courses, and dove in caves.
Then applied it to wreck penetration. Wheeeee

I did another of my life-long dream trips this year when I dove Palau and Yap. My previous dream trip was to Chuuk in '04. Next on the list is Galapagos.

Wow, where to start?
Spent more money on diving than any previous year.
New personal depth: 306fsw on the same dive as Doug
Full Cave
Stage Cave
PADI OWSI
TDI instructor (Adv Nitrox/Deco Procedures)
Eagle's Nest 850ft penetration at 240FFW avg (270FFW max)

I started out 2007 with the one goal of getting my DM -- didn't happen BUT perhaps by the end of January (after doing all the course/water work, instructor decided I should also do an internship which was fine by me).

My wife convinced me to do a few cavern dives (didn't take all that much convincing!) and got me hooked which led to TDI Cavern and Intro Cert and I'm seriously looking at TDI Full Cave in April while wife does GUE Cave 1.

Let myself get talked into doing GUE DIR-F and I'm still trying to get a tech pass. Now we're thinking of going to Honolulu the end of the month to do the checkout dives. It would almost be cheating to do them in warm water, wetsuit and visibility -- but maybe I'd pass! (Yes, it has come to "It's the Card, NOT the skills!")

Also I let myself be "talked into" doing some training dives with Andrew Georgitsis who is an amazing instructor and he has set some very high diving standards that I can only dream of approximating.

In 2007 I got my AOW and my Master Diver certifications. For 2008 I just want more dives that I had in 2007.

First goal was to at least double the amount of dives in my log, second was to get AOW certified and I accomplished BOTH! (and added a Wreck Specialty to boot!) I won't attempt trying to double my log again this year, well unless I want to jeopardize my marriage!

Next year I'd like to do at least another specialty (Deep, Peak Buoyancy) and if I can get some other (non diving related) goals accomplished I'd consider doing Rescue...we'll see.

Finally got my own equipment!

Next year I am looking forward to diving Cozumel again (in February).

My husband and I got our AOW in September and logged our 181st dive. For 2008 we have a dive trip planned to Cozumel in March and then several lake dives during the summer. We dive Beaver Lake in Arkansas as often as possible....would also like to improve my underwater photography!

07 was a great year:
Full cave completed
Completed dives on the USS Monitor, Empress of Ireland, and Gunilda (may be the best wreck in the Great Lakes)

08 should be as good or bettter:
Technical cave training planned (January)
Rebreather training scheduled (Ouroborous - March)
Andrea Doria trip scheduled (July)
Back to the Empress (August - Sept)
Back to the Gunilda (Sept)

Spring can't get here fast enough!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom