what the h***?!?!?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

that wasn't literal about the trashing thing, i just tossed it aside and stop thinking about it, but i'll eventually get it fixed

If you have anything else you need to get rid of let me know too!!

Seriously though, the Atomic has the AFC plus the adjustment knob. It also has a fine tuning adjustment under the cover of the exterior adjustment knob that you can use to change the breathing characteristics too.

Some confusing advice on this one....always open your tank valves slowly while depressing your purge button on your reg to save your seats. If any reg free flows it needs to be replaced or adjusted, simple as that. It's very easy to adjust your own regulator with a little hands on time. Watch the shop tech do it next time. You most likely have the cracking pressure set too light and a 1 mm adjustment will probably do it up.

--Matt

Haha - hilarious- just throw it in the trash and buy a new one!

Maybe it is a first stage issue (too high of an IP). Why don't you just throw it away too and just go buy all new stuff? You midas well just buy it from the internet somewhere because it is cheaper (but when it free flows when it shows up on your doorstep you will have to throw it away). But it's OK - all you have to do is click click and buy some more. Hopefully those will show up and not free flow!

Seriously, check your IP on your first stage and just tune your 2nd stages appropriately, you chucklehead!

It's not a big deal. They are both pretty easy to adjust. I always check them before they leave the store to make sure they are working properly and that the IP and cracking pressure are adjusted correctly. Not a big deal.

When buying a new regulator, ask to have the reg adjusted with the rest of your kit. My shop does so for free, as have all of the other shops I've purchased from in the past. I recently bought a ScubaPro Mk25/S600 reg set and hooked it up to my existing Air2 without their adjusting it due to their compressor being down at the time. When I went in the pool it free flowed the first couple of times in the water. If I had done a deep water entry instead of wading out from the shallow end, I would have been disappointed. Instead, I adjusted the reg a bit and had no problems after that. I'm going to be leaving my regs with the shop in a week or so since I won't be diving again until June due to work and other scheduled activities.

Tachyon

The Atomic (or any finely tuned reg) will freeflow if you put it in the water with the diaphragm lower than the mouthpiece.

Stick it back in the water with the mouthpiece facing down. If it freeflows, You can take it back to the dealer for a tiny adjustment and everything will be fine.

All the Atomic regs are phenominal, and after being adjusted, should be fine. The adjustment should be free if you just bought it from an authorized dealer.

Terry

ringojcp:
I bought a tusa rs-350 recently and when i hooked it up, it free flowed like a mofo. Tossed it for trash. I then went out and bought an atomic z2 brand new also. Best regulator in rodale's review. The LDS bench tested it and it worked. It has been in the reg bag since and when it was hooked up today, it's freaking free flowing. ***!?!?!?!what's wrong with my dive carrer? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back
Top Bottom