what things do i need to know

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisher2

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
what do i need to know for basic under 100' dives? i just need a list of things i need to know so i can start looking them up i have no idea if i need to know nitrox or anything like that i dont expect to ever be down 100 ft i have no probs reading the padi dive table what do i need to know lol i expect to have 2 yrs before i actually dive

If you don't plan on diving for 2 more years just wait until then and take a class. Many people will read this post and think you are looking for a shortcut to skip formalized training and go off with some friends to dive. I would spend the time and find the best instructor in your area that is more concerned with diver safety and instruction than making a quick buck and go from there. The short list would be a.) don't hold your breath b.) regulator goes on the right c.) just when you think you have it all figured out something goes wrong

Read everything that takes your interest about diving including biographical adventures by the likes of Hans Hass, Jules Verne and similar type folk.
I think you have a local more current type guy that lives in pa.

If you don't plan on diving for 2 more years just wait until then and take a class. Many people will read this post and think you are looking for a shortcut to skip formalized training and go off with some friends to dive. I would spend the time and find the best instructor in your area that is more concerned with diver safety and instruction than making a quick buck and go from there. The short list would be a.) don't hold your breath b.) regulator goes on the right c.) just when you think you have it all figured out something goes wrong

plus-----don't run out of air & come up S-L-O-W.......:D

Know yourself, and how comfortable you are in the water:wink: Work on your water skills with a Mask, Fins, and Snorkel. It will make your diving better if your at home in the water. The rest will come in your class and from reading all the good advise you will get here. No one but you can know your own fears in the water........

second stage goes in your mouth, first stage on the tank.

spit in your mask and pee in the wetsuit - not the other way around.

since you have plenty of time i recommend that you read any books that spark your interest dangerous marine creatures by carl edmonds md is one of my favorites silent world the old classic lol by jacques cousteau is another one a lot of the best books have punctuation don't let that deter you youll get used to it after awhile

I'd highly recommend buying and reading Mark Powell's book, Deco for Divers. The Certified Diver's Handbook is another good read. And the PADI Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving has a ton of good information in it, as well.

If you're excited about getting certified but have some time to wait, why not start getting an education?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom