What to ask / check when buying a BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dolphin dive center in Sacramento and a few shops in the south bay.
You might need to drive a ways but it's worth it.
You can get quick release weight pockets that slide onto your waist band webbing.

Thanks Eric. I actually have an office in Sacramento and am there once or twice a week. I'm heading up tomorrow and will definitely check out Dolphin.
Melissa

also, use DSS as a resource to discuss what might work for you. Regrettably, he is in Pasadena, but the advice/knowlege, as well as the products he has might make it worth your time to discuss, and maybe come up with an excuse to do a road trip.

You will get much "push back" from the conventional BC folks, but I can attest that for us "not off the shelf" folks, the adaptability of the BC/W is imeasurable to get the fit correct, and that is what much of it is about (fit = stability). Plus, you look "tech" :cool2:, which intimidates the heck out of them.....:D No, it is not the magic potion or the silver bullet, but it sure is nice...

P.S. - do get in touch with Jim Lapenta. Good guy!

Not in Marin County, but many of my GUE friends use Anywater Sports in San Jose. A quick look at their website shows a bunch of backplate equipment hanging on the wall in the showroom.

I've heard nothing but good things about Any Water Sports in San Jose. The sell AND rent BP/W systems and should "do you right."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back
Top Bottom