What to do when an instructor is out of line?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Of course in philly it would be:

C.) Two: one to change the lightbulb and one to throw chunks of ice at the opposing team.

JETS-snowballs-300x213.jpg

:eyebrow:

As a Flyers fan told me once...They had it coming! They were in our HOUSE!

Of course in philly it would be:

C.) Two: one to change the lightbulb and one to throw chunks of ice at the opposing team.

JETS-snowballs-300x213.jpg

We here in the land of Cowboys refer to Philly as the City of Brotherly Hate. :mooner:

We here in the land of Cowboys refer to Philly as the City of Brotherly Hate. :mooner:

Of course my favorite NFL game of the year is DAL vs PHL... because one of them has to lose!

PS - do you know why Dallas is called "America's Team"?

Because every year - like the rest of America - they watch the Super Bowl on TV.

What context is that? I'm just wondering when is the appropriate time, after due consideration, to use language like that. But if you mean that under some circumstances you'll lose your temper and say whatever comes out, then at least I can understand that.

No ... that's not what I mean at all.

When I'm with a bunch of my buddies, we can be pretty coarse. Depends on the time and place ... but in the comfort of your own home, neighborhood, and friends, rules of behavior are pretty much determined by the social setting.

When you are teaching, you are working ... and like any workplace, there's limits to what is considered acceptable and professional behavior. Dive instructors who cannot conduct themselves with some degree of professional decorum shouldn't be teaching.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Of course my favorite NFL game of the year is DAL vs PHL... because one of them has to lose!

Ew, the worst game of the year for me. They lose plenty on their own, and in that one of them has to win:shakehead:

It is ussually whichever one I need to lose more too:no:

Ew, the worst game of the year for me. They lose plenty on their own, and in that one of them has to win:shakehead:

It is usually whichever one I need to lose more too:no:

OK - how about DAL vs WAS, with PHL having a bye-week?

OK - how about DAL vs WAS, with PHL having a bye-week?
By default I have to go with Washington. They are a division rival as well, but they were first team I routed for way back in like 2nd grade or something. And they stink lately so there is no worry about them hurting the Gints...:D

By default I have to go with Washington. They are a division rival as well, but they were first team I routed for way back in like 2nd grade or something. And they stink lately so there is no worry about them hurting the Gints...:D

Rumor is there's an initiative underway to bring professional football back to DC...

Could happen; they finally got a professional baseball team back after all those years.

:shocked2:

What context is that? I'm just wondering when is the appropriate time, after due consideration, to use language like that. But if you mean that under some circumstances you'll lose your temper and say whatever comes out, then at least I can understand that.

I think when it is directed at an inanimate object it's fine..

That F-Ng thing won't work.

or

That F***ng shark scared me....

or even

That f***ng fool on that boat over there (a few hundred yards) is fine.

or even

Those F***ng sailboats didn't have to come so close us to while we were in the swimming area. (I do sail btw.... )

However..... in a customer or instructor-student relationship it represents disrespect for the student, a lack of professionalism, and the inability to maintain composure. All things that are expected of someone in a paid leadership position.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom