What To Do With Old Tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I came across this in Cozumel. Much more practical than making wind chimes. :D

Marc

.... but not near as much fun as shootin' holes in 'em.

That's awesome. I was planning on getting a bunch of condemned tanks from my LDS this month, but didn't know what my options were other than wind chimes.

I have a couple on my deck. I cut the top of about 5" down and turned them upside down on the tank. They were going to be ashtrays but after they filled up with rain water I had birds, lizards and squirrels drinking from them so now they are for the birds.

I hope they didnt need to be transported by air....TSA would kill that idea quick.

i have one that im making into a lamp. the tank is the base and im going to cut a piece of wood to stick in the top to look like a speargun. shape pieces of metal wire to look like a trigger and guard and put a spear head on top sticking out above the shade. the lighting stuff can be bought at home depot. ill put about an hour into it and im sure it will be ugly. but im also certain me and my buddies will love it. of course my wife has already told me it goes in the hunting lodge not the house.

You can also use them to make pressure pots.

Anybody wanting to get rid of condemmed tanks in West Central FL can call me. :D

pipedope:
You can also use them to make pressure pots.

Anybody wanting to get rid of condemmed tanks in West Central FL can call me. :D

Does anyone have any advice/weblinks/instructions/pictures of DIY pressure pots? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink: Have you made one Pipedope?

DSAO,

Anth

Back
Top Bottom