what to use to reattach dial on EM5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Audsred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
One of the top larger dials on my EM5 fell off and I am wondering what to use to reattach it? Would superglue work? I think this is a known issue with the cameras but not sure what to use to reattach as I don't want to send it in to Olympus.

Thank you,
Audrey

Which dial is it? If it is the mode dial on the left make sure it lines up with the correct function. Otherwise thick super glue should be fine. I would try to hold your camera upside down while gluing, so the super glue does not run down and stick your dial to your camera. Or use an accelerator for your super glue, that dries the glue instantly. Put glue on one piece and accelerator on the other and touch them together. Better yet take it to your local camera store.

Mike

Been there, done that. Superglue - just a little dot will do the job, use a toothpick. As Mike said, make sure the mode dial is lined-up properly.

Thanks for the info - will give it a try - it is not the mode dial it is the dial on the back and right of the flash. Thanks again

Thanks for the info - will give it a try - it is not the mode dial it is the dial on the back and right of the flash. Thanks again

Hi I too have been there as well. Same dial BTW, I phoned Olympus and asked what they use to reattach them and after the normal 'we need to look at it to decide' stuff he recommended some special glue called super X. Could not buy it in Australia but I ordered a small amount from ebay (japan) for about $20 and it is really good stuff. Mine came loose in Bali on a dive trip and it was super glued back in place but came loose again in the housing.

Hope this helps.

Been there, done that. Superglue - just a little dot will do the job, use a toothpick. As Mike said, make sure the mode dial is lined-up properly.

Yes, the Gel Superglue worked for me. It stays in one place instead of running where you don't want it.

Back
Top Bottom