What To Wear For The Young Female Traveller in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RikRaeder:
Just see what the Thai girls are wearing when you get there (not the ones in the short, gold sequined dresses or skimpy pink slips).

Some of the "Thai girls" wearing short, gold sequined dresses or skimpy pink slips in Pattaya may not be girls at all... :D

That's right Mojo.

Women should cover shoulders, dress somewhat conservatively away from the beach. Indeed, so should men. If I had my own bar or restaurant it would be a "no shirt, no service" place. Have some respect!

So, Lisa, you're going to be an instructor? Maybe see you in Phuket one day. Enjoy your adventures.

Vie:
Some of the "Thai girls" wearing short, gold sequined dresses or skimpy pink slips in Pattaya may not be girls at al... :D

That don't confront me.:cwmddd:

I am Mojo Jojo. Mojo Jojo is me. People call me Mojo Jojo because that is who I am. Mojo Jojo.

Vie:
Some of the "Thai girls" wearing short, gold sequined dresses or skimpy pink slips in Pattaya may not be girls at al... :D
"Some" - from what I hear "most" would be the more correct term :D

There are similar if not the same rules for polite dress or for visiting religious places in Thailand which you'd find in Italy, or likely Britain or most everywhere else.

Outdoors it will be hot and humid. You'll want lightweight clothing. Shorts and tank tops are okay for the beach area, food stalls, and other casual places. Indoors, especially during the IDC, you might find it air conditioned and rather cool. All through my IDC I wore trousers and long sleeves anytime we were in classroom sessions. If you find the time to do anything other than the IDC--wearing skimpy clothing in a wat is inappropriate. Beyond that, if you find you need more than what you've brought, just go to the market and buy something.

MoonWrasse:
"Some" - from what I hear "most" would be the more correct term :D

Ha ha - indeed. :D

Quero:
Outdoors it will be hot and humid. You'll want lightweight clothing. Shorts and tank tops are okay for the beach area, food stalls, and other casual places. Indoors, especially during the IDC, you might find it air conditioned and rather cool. All through my IDC I wore trousers and long sleeves anytime we were in classroom sessions. If you find the time to do anything other than the IDC--wearing skimpy clothing in a wat is inappropriate. Beyond that, if you find you need more than what you've brought, just go to the market and buy something.

That's really useful information, thanks... but...What's a wat? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom