What To Wear For The Young Female Traveller in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver:
I have traveled all over the world. It is essential to respect the culture of another. Remember you are a guest. There is a difference between a tourist and a visitor.

Hey all, this is off subject but how are the tattoo shops over there? any reccomendations? I will be in Phuket, Bankok, Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai.
I also want to experience a Thai massage and boxing....Will probably go to the dentist there also??
Well, in Thailand massages are known as "soapies".
Also, I'm not sure, but it sounds like you want to try boxing? That could be painful.

LOL, No, I will observe boxing.... and experience a massage...

Vie:
Yeah, screw local sensitivities; Western cultural norm is obviously superior to the indigenous ways of the natives, all of whom have "major hangups" and "are offended by the human body."
The "indigenous ways of the natives"? You make it sound like Thais run around in grass skirts and dance to the full moon or throw spears at the white man :wink:

BTW I have read that the gals of YAP great the new arrivals topless and they use stone money, do you think TAT would be receptive to this suggestion ?

In Phuket you have a Thai Boxing Stadium in Patong beach (for the tourists, though the fights are real), and a REAL real one in Phuket Town. You can't walk 100 meters in Patong without finding a massage, but many of these are more of the "rub and tug" style. Also plenty of dentists in Phuket.

MoonWrasse:
The "indigenous ways of the natives"? You make it sound like Thais run around in grass skirts and dance to the full moon or throw spears at the white man :wink:

That was my sad attempt at satire/humour/sarcasm...

Fwiw, we do (well some of us) "dance to the full moon" on occasions and grass skirts have been known to make an appearance at these "gatherings" - but I wouldn't know anything about that. :D

MoonWrasse:
BTW I have read that the gals of YAP great the new arrivals topless and they use stone money, do you think TAT would be receptive to this suggestion?

Well, the guys at TAT might go for it but our very own culture "tsar" (Khun Rabiaprat) may have a thing or two to say... :wink:

Batfish:
In Phuket you have a Thai Boxing Stadium in Patong beach (for the tourists, though the fights are real), and a REAL real one in Phuket Town. You can't walk 100 meters in Patong without finding a massage, but many of these are more of the "rub and tug" style. Also plenty of dentists in Phuket.

Define rub and tug??? In Houston there are some massage therapists that rub and "tug" are the sessions professional?

Batfish:
They were also driving around Phuket 2 weeks ago in a pickup with a couple of boxers in back doing their thing, so if you hang out long enough eventually the boxers will pass you by :wink:

SteveDiver:
Define rub and tug??? In Houston there are some massage therapists that rub and "tug" are the sessions professional?
Sure, professional, just like a lawyer :wink:

Sorry, but to go into a detailed definition would be a TOS violation, and we know the mods with their eunuch zeal :D

Ok guys... this thread is about acceptable dress for a visiting young lady. Let's stay on subject, please.
Thanks in advance.
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom