What to wear under a wet suit (for men)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally I would always wear something - my choice is generally a pair of swimming boxers. Just like wearing clothes I always prefer something between me and the outer layer - more hygienic and cover in the event of a split seam or similar.

I have invested in a changing robe as well - makes the removal of wet suit and wet boxers a lot less embarrassing at the roadside or on the boat. On a liveaboard, I would just towel reasonably dry and then head to the cabin for a shower wearing the shorts.

I bought mine at a surfwear shop similar to this one - I just bought the towelling version but the quilted jacket would probably have been better. A lot easier than struggling with a towel while trying to prevent "exposure".

Another option for warmer one would be a rugby bench coat similar to this

For that perfect seal-skin [nylon one side] wetsuit look -- there is only one suit to use.

UDTSwimSuit.jpg

US Navy UDT trunks a/k/a "nut huggers"

Could be, but mine aren't marketed as for under wetsuits, mine were marketed for swimming.

It seemed by the picture that it was some sort of product name. In Australia we don't call them that, well at least I have never heard them called that.
Jammers are for swimming too.

Probably just a regional slang thing.

I've always found it to be very uncomfortable getting into my wet suit when I'm wearing a normal swimsuit because even smaller styles are still bulky. Has anyone found a decent alternative that's not just a banana hammock?
$(KGrHqEOKowFJLd(WFdDBS(+V6ZhV!~~60_58.JPG

For that perfect seal-skin [nylon one side] wetsuit look -- there is only one suit to use.

View attachment 405261

US Navy UDT trunks a/k/a "nut huggers"

I grew out of....I mean the last pair I had shrunk about 20 years ago.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom