What to wear under a wet suit (for men)?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AcornMan

Registered
Reaction score
I've always found it to be very uncomfortable getting into my wet suit when I'm wearing a normal swimsuit because even smaller styles are still bulky. Has anyone found a decent alternative that's not just a banana hammock?

Under Wetsuit Jammers

MUWJ-2T.jpg

Yes surely jammers or fitted trunks are the most practical option? When I finally convinced Mr PH to try them rather than stuffing boardies into his wetsuit he never looked back!

It's not that I'm modest (not any more at 64) but "nothing" doesn't seem to be a good option on most dive boats. I used to wear Speedos under my swim trunks and wear those under my wetsuit. The trouble was that the Speedos were fairly expensive and didn't last very long. Recently I tried boxer briefs and that did not work out well. Now I'm back to just wearing my swim trunks under my wetsuit and making adjustments (for comfort) as I pull on the wetsuit. Lycra shorts for bicycle riders are ridiculously over-priced. I've looked into neoprene shorts but can't imagine that they would be comfortable for long periods.

I was on a dive boat from Maui a ways back and everyone on board was talking about going to Little Beach. On that particular boat nothing might have been an option.

I don't know what "jammers" are.

Have you tried different material bathing suits? Like silky ones, cotton, polyester? I have used all of these with no problem. I use none of these when just diving from our house (one less thing to rinse, but you gotta watch how you walk and bend......)

I use jammers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom