What was the best April's Fool joke?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mania

Cousin Itt
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
In your area? In Warsaw one of the magazines wrote that when Polish president was visiting Polish troops in Iraq it was in fact not kwasniewski himself but his double. This itself was not really an excellent joke but.... one of Polish members of Parliament took it seriously and yesterday was publicly during the Parliament session asking President why he didn't go to Iraq himself and was hidding behind his double!!!!!!!
So everybody decided it was the best April Fool's joke
Mania

The UK Parliament passed a bill yesterday that will allow universities to charge variable tuition fees. Soon the entire country will be April Fools.

K.

gee and I thought sending emails to people for other peoples email addresses was funny. Guess not.

wstein

The best I've ever seen was George Plimpton's classic story on Sidd Finch in Sports Illustrated in the 1984 Baseball Preview issue. It was later revealed that if you took the first letter of each word in his opening sentence, it spelled APRIL FOOLS. :biggrin2:

The worst I've ever seen was being laid off on April Fools Day three years ago. Some joke, eh? :frown:

I've gotta agree with Scuba Texan in Sid Finch. Plimpton turned it into a pretty good book. In LA a radio Station DJ once had people believing that if you looked real close into a mirror you could see small particles of lirpa sloof, whiched caused objects in the distance to seem wavy

it wasn't an A's F joke, but the British government released an official paper on April 1 where they had considered warming up nuclear mines with chickens. apparently chickens put out a lot of heat.

turns out it was true, not a joke at all. no one belived that it was real.

One of our Heads of Learning Area put a note into the daily notices telling students and staff that due to electrical work being done, anyone using a PC had to wear rubber soled shoes or an anti-static wrist strap. A number of kids went to a classroom asking for the straps and in another class, a teacher checked the kids shoes.

This was one of the best I've heard in awhile. One of our local morning shows played a spoof announcement telling water customers that annual maintenance was being done by purging the water pipes with high pressure bursts of air to clear sediment. It urged water consumers to leave toilet lids down, or better yet cover commodes with Saran Wrap, and keep drains plugged. They even had spoof callers reporting how bad it was in their counties when the purging was done days earlier.

Needless to say, the local water utilities were plagued with tons of calls, to the point where they needed to put messages on their incoming lines & security began to investigate. Got to say, it was great. They've put an apology on their website, and you can hear the fake public service announcement here.

Another that was equally funny was one by a Detroit radio station that announced that the Detroit Red Wings were moving to Canada. They even got a couple Red Wings players to call into the show to comment on the move. Needless to say, it outraged many members of the community..... That was a couple years ago, if my memory serves right, yet remains one of the best spoofs I've heard.

Jim

my best April Fool's joke was on my husband just 6 weeks after we were married. We weren't planning on having kids right away, but I thought I might be pregnant. It just happened that I bought a home pregnancy test on April 1st.

My husband was in the bedroom watching basketball playoffs when I did the test. It was negative but since the little dot would turn pink if I was pregnant I dropped some red punch onto it and turned it pink.

When I brought it to my husband he about had a cow. :11: He was still mad at me even after I said "April Fool's"!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom