what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinj

New
Reaction score
back to diving from a stint away and trying to gauge what my weight belt should cary.
i know it depends on a lot of criteria but it would be an advantage to many if you could list your weight - drysuit or not - tank size - bcd or not - weight carried

ill start

14stone 10pounds -drysuit - 12ltre dumpy - bcd - 24IBS

next:05: :05:

OK,
4 sheafs and 2 bales

Fresh Water
8 pounds on dry suit with E8-119 and SS B/P
4 pounds on 7/5 semi-dry with same rig
0 pounds on < 4mm full suit with same rig

Salt Water = add 6 pounds across the board.

Just kidding !!! 5'8" - 170 lbs.

OK a stone is what, 12 pounds???

the K

martinj:
back to diving from a stint away and trying to gauge what my weight belt should cary.
i know it depends on a lot of criteria but it would be an advantage to many if you could list your weight - drysuit or not - tank size - bcd or not - weight carried

ill start

200#, 24#-35# dry (depending on what I'm doing), Alum 80, Zeagle Tech 65#.

Gary D.

martinj:

ill start

350 pounds, Farmer john 7mm , Normal single tank( rental) , 42 pounds mixed 32 poundsin the BC 10 pounds on a weight belt.

Michael

185 lbs, 7 mm suit, single steel 100cf, Transpac 2, 10 lbs in fresh water, 12 in salt. Same gear with 3mm suit, 10 lbs in salt, 8 lbs in fresh.

me:170 pounds / 12 stone / 77 kg
COLD WATER
Tank: AL80
6.5 mil Farmer John wetsuit:14 lbs Ocean, 10lbs Fresh all in BCD
Drysuit: 20 lbs Ocean, 16 lbs Fresh, 4 lbs on ankles, rest on BCD

WARM WATER
Diveskin
Tank: AL80
2kg belt, 0 BCD

Interesting responses so far:

6'0" 235#
SS BP/W (~5#)

5mm Farmer top I use 6#
7/5mm I use 12#

Body weight is a start to determine how much lead however Ive found muscle mass verses body fat to be an important factor. 275 lb lean body builder is going to sink much faster than a 275 lb couch patatoe. Just a consideration to think about.

P.S. I am 170 lb dry I dive with 28 lbs lead, 7mm full farmer john set up I carry 26lb. I am very average as far as muscle to fat ratio.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom