what weight do you carry and what weight are you

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm 200lbs, I carry 20 lbs in salt water with a 5mm one piece suit. I might be able to get away with as much as 18 lbs....but I prefer to be a tad on the negative side.

I also use PST's steel 85.

I am 5'9", 180#, wear a 4/3 full-suit, use AL80s and wore 5 lbs in SW. I now have an eclipse wing with an AL BP and wear no weight.

5'10" 185# 7mm simi dry 15 fresh water with al80 SQ predeter bc +6 or 7sw
Bare 3/2 w/hood 5# fw depending on what I'm doing w/80

5'10"
190 lbs
Drysuit
SS Backplate with DR wings
Double 112's
No weight needed :D

AndyNZ:
I think you win a prize, Azza.... being more dense than me! I'm 5'11" and about 95kg... in my drysuit with a 12L steel tank I still need around 8kg.

Interesting that you need more for a wetsuit? I can get down to 5 or 6kg in a one piece 7mm.
Hi Andy. I dive a membrane drysuit with 300gram undersuit and polyprops. Thats why I need less to sink with my drysuit than my semidry. I used to take 6kg with my 3mm compressed neoprene drysuit.

My Semidry is a 7/5mm trident and to be honest I havnt worn it lately except for freediving and then I wear 8 kg. Given the weight of the tank and my backplate I would expect to drop a few kg for scuba however I am guessing here:D

I might even get into my wetsuit for summer diving this year as I am moving back to Auckland at the end of the month and the water is rather warmer up there..
Positively tropical I am told...:D

wow, how to make me feel like a whale.

In my 7mm/5mm Trident semi dry, I have to wear 14kgs with BCD and 12l Steel Tank.

I am 6'4" and am 86kgs (195islbs),

And that only puts me at slightly negative.

I'm 5'9" and about 205 lbs., but I used to be/should be about 170.

3mm wetsuit & AL80 with 14 lbs in fresh water.

5'10", 180 lbs
3/2 mm full
salt water
al 80: 8 lbs

once tried 4, that was a tough safety stop!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom