What weight system are you using?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think I will go back to a belt for a while....
It always felt like the crotch strap was the only thing holdin it up though.

On a singles rig:

I split the weight between weight pockets on my tank straps and ACB pockets.

Standard webbing belt with XS Scuba weight pouches and soft weights.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Aeolus:
I use a belt with pockets. They can be opened, while wearing it, in the event that I would need to dump some weight. The advantage is that you do not need to dump all of it, at once, therefore giving a bit more control to the operation. It is also padded, so that the corners of the weights do not press in. When diving locally, I use lead shot in nylon mesh bags to give even more comfort. I hope this helps you and/or others.

I also put some weight in the channel of my backplate to archieve perfect trim (comparable to v-weights, but those are only an option when using doubles). There is enough room to put 3 bags of 1 kg int here.

Aeolus:
I use a belt with pockets. They can be opened, while wearing it, in the event that I would need to dump some weight. The advantage is that you do not need to dump all of it, at once, therefore giving a bit more control to the operation. It is also padded, so that the corners of the weights do not press in. When diving locally, I use lead shot in nylon mesh bags to give even more comfort. I hope this helps you and/or others.

Aeolus,
I'm looking to buy the same type of the belt you are using. Can you recommend any particular brands / models ?
thank you.
M_B

Pocket belt with the bagged lead shot. Can opened the individual bags (velcro) and add, subtract the shot. Keep an eye on the velcro enclosures, they come open, you'll find those dam little beads of shot everywhere. PS - you got metal buckles, guard them with your lives. Plastic sux.....

Single Rig.
10# BP, 6 # STA and 8# in a weight belt with pouches.

9# plate, AL80, 3mm shortie,salt - 3# on a belt
AL plate (1or2#)Steel100, 3mm shortie,salt - 4# on a belt
AL plate (1or2#) AL80, 3mm shortie,salt - 10# on a belt (not preferred)
9# plate, steel, 7mm full,salt - 10# on a belt
9# plate, steel, 7mm full,fresh - 4# on a belt

Each plate uses 2 - 2# STA's = 4#

M_B:
Aeolus,
I'm looking to buy the same type of the belt you are using. Can you recommend any particular brands / models ?
thank you.
M_B

You can get one for about $10 from http://www.triple-l.biz I just got one for a friend and they are very nice quality, though I may swap out the plastic buckle for a metal one.

Tim

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom