What will (& won't) you get in the water with?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

About 20 years ago, my sons and I were getting into a Tennessee lake when we saw several water snakes slither into the water. Being from Tennessee, I knew what they were and also knew they were non-poisonous. Although there was nothing to fear, try as I might, I could not bring myself to get into that water. We went to another location (where we did not see snakes) and were able to get in without issue. We still get a chuckle out of that story.

Divers :) - I try really hard to avoid "cattle truck" dive boats where 10 plus divers are on the same site and try to avoid popular sites where multiple boats gather.

This does limit my options, and sometimes can't be avoided. But not seeing anyone besides your buddy in the water is nice

Water colder than 78*F!....no exceptions :rolleyes:

Is there any kind of creature that squirms inside your wetsuit? Possibly just not any kind of spawning situation. Urg.

Is there any kind of creature that squirms inside your wetsuit? Possibly just not any kind of spawning situation. Urg.

Will not get in the water with ex, no offense as I am sure the feeling is mutual
Will jump in with current wife at every opportunity

I just learned about blood worms. So far its the only thing that has given me the willies.
The big predator and stingy things, yep if I knew they were down there I would not splash. I'm not afraid of them...says the lady who won't watch any scary videos with words in the titles like "horrifying, breach, accident, attack"...you get the picture :wink:

Back
Top Bottom