What Would You Like To See...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MooreaMike

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
...in a destination which specifically targets those of us 50+ or 60+?? How far would you travel? Any specific destinations? Any restrictions? Types of diving (drift, pass, liveaboard,)

What I want to see is a setup that minimizes the wear and tear on my joints. For example, the Diver's Choice boat in Nanaimo, BC, has the best boat ladder I have ever climbed. It has a small rise, and good handholds all the way up.

Boats or diving locations that will permit me to remove my gear in the water and get on the boat without it rank high for me, as well.

And honestly, I'm not a kid and I'm not poor, and on land or on the boat, I like comfortable accomodations and GOOD FOOD.

Distance does come into the decision-making, although we have gone to Australia, Indonesia and Egypt, all of which were long trips.

I was going to say I want to see more scantily clad lady divers but then I realized I had missed the point of the post. I'm totally in agreement with the idea that it is wonderful to be able to let the crew take up my gear before I climb the ladder. I am also big on not schlupping my gear to and from the boat or doing the rinsing after diving morning and afternoon. Don't misunderstand, I do these things but if the dive operation does it for me ... big tips, really BIG tips.

What I want to see is a setup that minimizes the wear and tear on my joints. For example, the Diver's Choice boat in Nanaimo, BC, has the best boat ladder I have ever climbed. It has a small rise, and good handholds all the way up.

Boats or diving locations that will permit me to remove my gear in the water and get on the boat without it rank high for me, as well.

And honestly, I'm not a kid and I'm not poor, and on land or on the boat, I like comfortable accomodations and GOOD FOOD.

Distance does come into the decision-making, although we have gone to Australia, Indonesia and Egypt, all of which were long trips.

+1 to everything TSandM listed

and please include a bed that doesn't feel like a concrete slab

Back
Top Bottom