What's going on this weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IMO Hudson is nasty. Very tannic and smelly. Great place for classes and trying out new gear but that is about it. Check to see if the winds have been favorable for Spanish Rocks. If they have then it may be cleared up by now.

What's your problem D? You don't like the "funk of the Grotto" on you and your gear? :D If you didn't dive Hudson Grotto for your OW class, I'd say it's a good one time dive on a day when salt is all blown out or you don't want to travel to further away springs, but I don't know anyone who wakes up one day and proclaims "I HAVE to do the Grotto again, it's just been too long"....

Skim - went to Spanish rocks last weekend - and it was a soup bowl. There was quite a bit of white capping and quite surgy.

When I say a soup bowl - think split pea :D

Seriously - I was there with Mr. & Mrs. Reef - I found a cool flounder - showed it to them - looked up and they where missing in the soup. If the winds are down you may have some good vis, but I hear its hit or miss, so if you don't mind diving REALLY close to your buddy - it can still be good fun.

Hudson is a very DARK dive - you will need a very good light. Consider it a night dive during the day. Very tanic - has three thermo climes, some interesting formations on the walls if you look really close - but I'd agree with MissD.

Dive safe :)

....I don't know anyone who wakes up one day and proclaims "I HAVE to do the Grotto again, it's just been too long"....

DiveBandit. :rofl3: He's got a thing for that place. :idk: He has certainly got to be the only one in the entire world though.

Skim as was once said to me, the grotto will suck the light right out of your can. Once you hit that bottom

The Hudson is where I did my check out dives for deep diving and bouyancy. But I wouldn't volunteer to go there again. Without a light you can't even see your hand in front of your face.

Yeah, we've scratched that off the list. We're going to try and do a boat dive Sunday providing the charter gets enough divers signed up to make their limit. Otherwise I have a feeling we're going to head up to Ginnie Springs for the day. I'm stoked either way :D

Hey Skim!

Did you find a charter? I just got down to Flordia this afternoon, and I'm ready for some action! Well, diving action.

Actually, any action at all, but I'll take diving.

Did you find a charter?

Thanks!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom