What's the best SCUBA car?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wayward Son:
The very best scuba car is whatever your friend is driving when he shows up to take you diving :wink:

I need a friend like that...

I used to have a friend who couldn't drive but had a fishing boat. I had a truck. great friendship, that.

One of our LDS instructors uses a Honda Element. Her particular model has space under the rear seats that is just perfect for several tanks.

Pontiac Montana: double sided power doors, seats come out to load with dive gear...rear windows vent...and 20-24mpg...its all good...

So far, the best one I've found is my Pinzgauer:

pinz001.jpg

David

Check out the Dodge Magnum 5.7L Hemi® V8 , 340HP and 24 MPG HWY ... The new designed Hemi has better MPG compared to standard V6 engines, so you don’t sacrifice horsepower just for gas mileage. Lots of power, looks cool, lots of room and AWD.
I have a friends that is a certified mechanic at a 5-star Dodge dealership. He claims to make a living off of the Jeep Cherokee.

http://www.dodge.com/magnum/index.html

Isn't the resale value of a diesel motor typically greater than on a gas engine? Maybe it's not the drawback it first appears.

JcoldwaterIL:
i caught 3 rabbits. With my diesel f-250 I can tow/haul just about anything, I can get upto 22+mpg on the highway, and I caught the "badass truck" rabit. The only drawback is price.

Just sold our Toyota 4 runner ltd (3 divers and gear max) and got a double cab Toyota tundra with canopy. Rhino lined the box to protect it from salt. Seats 6 adults with all their gear in the back. Although have only had 5 diving so far. Great truck though a bit thirsty 14-15litres/100km. That's 16-17mpg to save you the math.

One of our LDS instructors uses a Honda Element. Her particular model has space under the rear seats that is just perfect for several tanks.

I've been considering this for a dive vehicle as well as for a ski vehicle. All the models should have rear fold up seats and thus room. It's a great car. While it is UNTRUE that you can hose down the car, you can definitely run water over the floor to clean things out!

They're cheap and reliable!

Plus you can sleep in the back if you need somewhere to stay!

the best car for diving????
why a scubaru,of course!!!!!!!

4 wheel deal,good on gas,easy on the bottom time!
impreza wagon-tanks fit great!!!

btw-my license plate is:SCUBARU

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom