What's the best treasure you've found?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Found and aluminum ladder from a dive boat at 240ft, brought it up with a lift bag. Turns out it was a ladder lost by the charter owner 15 years prior.

found a gopro on last dive, then found its owner lol

last week i found a cookie that belonged to someone i know. now he owes me a drink!

finding an arrow or cookie is easy. it's the fact that it's someone i know who was last there 8 months ago that makes it a treasure to me. :wink:

Best treasure I ever found?

I walked into the water one day in 2000 and there it was... the Ocean. Everything else is just gravy.

C.

Nothing really fancy. I did find a really nice filet knife once that I gave to the charter boat owner.

Mask and snorkel. For shell collecting an Atlantic Tritons Trumpet and a 7" Atlantic Deer Cowrie.

As far as the computer and GoPro, how'd you guys find the owner?

I haven't found anything exciting. An old watch that I ended up throwing away because it was badly damaged, and a couple really nice anchors that I couldn't do anything with as I didn't have a lift bag then as a new diver.

Countless weight belts, a compound bow in a river once (which I assume was from a bow fishing charter) that was all kinds of seized up, so it was not good.

Oh, and I found an Oceanic Pioneer mask a few months ago! It's now my new primary and my old faithful ScubaPro Orbit serves as my backup. By the way, the Oceanic Pioneer mask is pretty sweet. The one I found had a yellow frame

I was going to say my husband...but after diving with my niece today in a bubblemaker class, it was the look on her face at the end of the dive.

But last weekend I found a brick from between 1901 and 1913 at the bottom of a lake in northern WI. Pretty cool stuff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom