What's the hardest class you have taken, and what made it hard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the hardest was a full semester college class at a diving school for the NAUI Ass. Instructor rating in '78. They made us do mouth to mouth.. (for real) to other students for the rescue breaths... Never kissed a guy with a mustache since..

I think the hardest was a full semester college class at a diving school for the NAUI Ass. Instructor rating in '78. They made us do mouth to mouth.. (for real) to other students for the rescue breaths... Never kissed a guy with a mustache since..
We did that with every class untill the AIDS scare. It is a worth-while exercise.

So far prob full cave, not so much the actual diving part but just the mental aspect, sun up to sundown 5 days straight.

complacency kills

Between PADI OW AOW and GUE fundie, GUE fundie by far. The key here is that student's performance is actually being strictly evaluated at the end, so people can actually(very likely) fail the class. The same can't be said about any PADI's recreational level classes

We did that with every class untill the AIDS scare. It is a worth-while exercise.

Depends on who you ask. If I got the supermodel babe then yes it would be a skill Id have to repeat a few hundred times just to be sure I had it down pat but if I was in a class full of guys or was partnered with a guy I think I would have to take their word for it that it works and allow someone else to take my turn and I would simply watch and take notes.

No it does not depend on who you ask, it the only way that you'll ever learn about what works concerning in-water MTM. No one's gonna slip you a tongue.:D

No it does not depend on who you ask, it the only way that you'll ever learn about what works concerning in-water MTM. No one's gonna slip you a tongue.:D
Says who? Never know what orientation the dude youre practicing on has :p

Wow, you people are really giving this guy who learned how to swim a hard time. I applaud him for learning how to swim through diving and being honest about it. I'd much rather dive with someone who is honest about their capabilities then someone who feels they are the best at everything. Be nice people. Diving is supposed to be fun and you are supposed to learn from your experiences.

Wow, you people are really giving this guy who learned how to swim a hard time. I applaud him for learning how to swim through diving and being honest about it. ...

Me too, my beef is with an agency that issues C-Cards to non-to-poor swimmers. I agree that any able-bodied person can swim with fins and a wetsuit. The problem is that many (not all) non-swimmers are deathly afraid of losing a fin and enter the water primed for panic. I believe that self-confidence and basic watermanship skills play a critical role in safe diver performance.

My hardest diving related class? Probably graduate level Pelagic Ecology (or organic chemistry, but that's not really diving related at all). The class was very informative, but the tests were a real brute! It did prepare me for identifying a lot of the critters I've been encountering lately.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom