Whats up???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gtxl1200

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Come on people are we not diving this year?? or what?? I want to see trip reports. Anything but Gilboa and portage and whitestar. I posted the last non quarry trip report. way back in the first of June. they only last non quarry trip report I read was bladephotogs and unfortunatly I had to read that one in the accidents and incidents forums. Other than that I have to go to the Florida conch divers forum to get some dive reports.

Diver Brian come on you to busy with the "wife" this year to dive You always take a couple of good wreck trips to read about by now.

Dean810 Hows Lake Michigan Diving I know you have been hitting the big pond on your side lets hear about it.

I want to read about some wrecks and some diving and some funny little stroies that seem to always happen when dive.

I'm also tired of reading about Greg_MacMaster and sleep diver Yeah we all know the importance of preserving the wrecks and as 98% of us who come to this board are divers I'm sure we do the best we can to preserve and help any way we can in the conservation of the sites. so you Two take your soap boxes and go ask for money from people who dont already understand.
I will be posting a trip report soon as I'm heading up to the straights to dive in the first week of Sept. hopefully that wont be the first report on this board.

I got lots more WHine and CHeeze where that came from I just might have to start a GLWC whine and Cheeze thread instead of the one that is on the main page of this board.

I had to edit there was a trip report about the straights I forgot about but it got clouded over with sleepdivers speech. so I was wrong someone did put up a report it just got trampled on.

I agree with you. If someone wants to say anything about buoys in the Straits, a separate thread was started on it weeks ago. As soon as the separate thread started, the discussion ended. When you get to the Straits in September, however, you are going to find a lot fewer buoys. There will be fewer next year.
The same goes for the never ending lecture on the "State Park". Some of us stopped posting on that thread long ago. Until someone has the very last word, it will never end.
So I agree with you, these issues are talked out (long ago) and it is time to move on and talk about things people enjoy and end the entertainment. Thanks for bringing this up. Personally, I am done with both subjects.

Ted ... Just got back last evening from our dive club trip to Port Sanilac. I'll take your challenge and write up a trip report for you. I'll put it in a separate thread either this evening or tomorrow. Watch for it!

Jchoby:
Hitting North Carolina in two weeks... will have pics and dive report and/or video shortly thereafter.....

Excellent. I have never dove in that area yet. I would like a nice trip report to try and inform me if it is worth the trip to dive their.

Divin'Hoosier:
Ted ... Just got back last evening from our dive club trip to Port Sanilac. I'll take your challenge and write up a trip report for you. I'll put it in a separate thread either this evening or tomorrow. Watch for it!

well I know you went with Gary So nothing can be bad to say about that. I know the weather was nice since I only live about an 1.5 hours from their. But I'm looking forward to hear about the diving and the wrecks you dove on and the one quirky thing that happened like someone did the giant stride without their fins.

gtxl1200:
Excellent. I have never dove in that area yet. I would like a nice trip report to try and inform me if it is worth the trip to dive their.

Been there two years ago...and it was great. The reason we're going back

Old trip report posted on rec2tec web site....under of all crazy things, trip reports.

I'd be happy to offer up a few trip reports.

In July I spent a week in Rimouski, Quebec diving the Empress of Ireland. What a tremendous experience. The ship sunk in 14 minutes due to a collision in 1914 (150 ft of water). Approx 1050 people lost their lives. The water is cold (36-38), the viz is poor and the current can be wicked, but when everything comes together it is a tremendous experience. It is bouyed at the bow, stern and midships. It lies on its side, port side up. You can drop inside of the ship without even realizing it, it can be that confusing. Typically you try to do two dives a day, but the weather will play a big part in making that decision. We were able to get a least one dive everyday until the last day where we got totally blown out.
You could dive this wreck everyday for the entire summer and not see everything. We focused primarily on the outside with a few light penetrations. There are still quite a few human remains, and is very sobering to come across them. We saw the letters on the bow, to the one remaining prop on the stern. Many parts of the ship have been salvaged and when you study the history of her the salvage work is a very interesting part of her past. One of the major challenges is understanding where you are on the wreck and not getting lost. I chose Tyler Bradford, Advanced Diving Expeditions, and he was awesome. In certain areas of the ship, he went in and layed lines so we could follow his lines to see specific items. Our low viz was around 5 ft, with the average around 15 ft. We dove EAN 28 with 100% 02 for deco. Bottom times ranged from 25 minutes to 45 minutes (I froze, and would recommend keeping BT's at 25 to 30 min).
The food here was unbelieveable. If you like shellfish, the scallops, shrimp, crab, mussels, lobster, and clams are out of this world. I would go back just for the food. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it.

dab:
I'd be happy to offer up a few trip reports.

In July I spent a week in Rimouski, Quebec diving the Empress of Ireland. What a tremendous experience. The ship sunk in 14 minutes due to a collision in 1914 (150 ft of water). Approx 1050 people lost their lives. The water is cold (36-38), the viz is poor and the current can be wicked, but when everything comes together it is a tremendous experience. It is bouyed at the bow, stern and midships. It lies on its side, port side up. You can drop inside of the ship without even realizing it, it can be that confusing. Typically you try to do two dives a day, but the weather will play a big part in making that decision. We were able to get a least one dive everyday until the last day where we got totally blown out.
You could dive this wreck everyday for the entire summer and not see everything. We focused primarily on the outside with a few light penetrations. There are still quite a few human remains, and is very sobering to come across them. We saw the letters on the bow, to the one remaining prop on the stern. Many parts of the ship have been salvaged and when you study the history of her the salvage work is a very interesting part of her past. One of the major challenges is understanding where you are on the wreck and not getting lost. I chose Tyler Bradford, Advanced Diving Expeditions, and he was awesome. In certain areas of the ship, he went in and layed lines so we could follow his lines to see specific items. Our low viz was around 5 ft, with the average around 15 ft. We dove EAN 28 with 100% 02 for deco. Bottom times ranged from 25 minutes to 45 minutes (I froze, and would recommend keeping BT's at 25 to 30 min).
The food here was unbelieveable. If you like shellfish, the scallops, shrimp, crab, mussels, lobster, and clams are out of this world. I would go back just for the food. It was a great trip and I highly recommend it.

Nice...

Wow. I have a questions though if someone is salvaging it then why arent they removing the bodies? to give them a proper burial or are they leaving them there to be their proper grave. I'm not sure how I would handle seeing a skeletin while diving a wreck there has never been any on all of the wrecks I have been on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom