What's with Blue Hole????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So...I guess they are dredging all this week too? There's a ton o' folks heading down from Colo this weekend. We are planning on diving the hole on Monday too...Is that even going to be possible?

I'll try to find out tomorrow exactly what the scoop is.

Thanks Kevin!
We have a planning meeting tomorrow(Thursday night)..it will be good if I show up there with the correct info.
Kent

we were told recently by the planning commision (they were at our shop for a few hours before one of their meetings with the state):
Blue Hole will be closed M-F for dredging until June. Then closed the whole month of June through to July 4th timeframe, hopefully open after that.
Dredging starts Mon morning early and ends some time Friday morning. (Vis will suck the entire weekend most likely.)
Who knows how true they will stick to this schedule.....

They need to figure out some way (on answering machine?) to let people know this. Lots of people just show up. Hope all the work is worth it. It SOUNDS like it could be really cool. What are the plans for opening up the cave? Anyone know?

robint:
we were told recently by the planning commision (they were at our shop for a few hours before one of their meetings with the state):
Blue Hole will be closed M-F for dredging until June. Then closed the whole month of June through to July 4th timeframe, hopefully open after that.
Dredging starts Mon morning early and ends some time Friday morning. (Vis will suck the entire weekend most likely.)
Who knows how true they will stick to this schedule.....

That sounds about right, thanks Robin. So who is this "Planning Commision" and do they have a contact number?

robint:

hmm.. I heard yesterday that they were supposed to be closed Mon-Fri for the month of June but still open on the weekends. The city told the USArmy Corps of Engineers that it had to be open for the weekends. But who knows what is really correct. This could get difficult for the next year, with people showing up to dive not being able to.
I know someone who is working on this project for the Corps of Eng., I'll see if I can get ahold of her and get an answer.

Well what-do-ya-know! The Santa Rosa city office is STILL too lazy to give a crap about the divers (who are the ONLY tourists to that town). With all this work going on you would THINK they would update their website. NOPE! Thousands will be as P.O.ed as I was when I showed up, only to find out the hole was closed.

And I just scheduled another training that would have me driving through Santa Rosa so could finally dive the BH.

This is so freakin frustrating. A BIG THUMBS DOWN TO SANTA ROSA!

Guess I'll be diving Perch again. At least I have my 7mm suit now though.

FD

Has anyone gotten updates yet?

We are proceeding with the latest info...dredged all week...Weekend will have limited vizzzz....Closed again on Monday for more DREDGING. :(

fire_diver:
Well what-do-ya-know! The Santa Rosa city office is STILL too lazy to give a crap about the divers (who are the ONLY tourists to that town). With all this work going on you would THINK they would update their website. NOPE! Thousands will be as P.O.ed as I was when I showed up, only to find out the hole was closed.

And I just scheduled another training that would have me driving through Santa Rosa so could finally dive the BH.

This is so freakin frustrating. A BIG THUMBS DOWN TO SANTA ROSA!

Guess I'll be diving Perch again. At least I have my 7mm suit now though.

FD
Yeah, the multi-million dollar project is based on us spending money there, and they caan't even be reasonable.

I've always called Stella to ensure she would be there to fill tanks, but she keeps saying she's quiting...?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom