What's your favorite way to enter the drink??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I really enjoy a good back roll. Feels kinda 'old school' cool. But in reality I find a giant stride off the stern is more practical with a group.

The front flip for sure ... I think you know this already though haha!

I like to walk in for shore dives. Or giant stride off boats.

But the back roll and the back hop do look the coolest!

I pretty much just cave dive and the majority of them have steps so I usually just giant stride without my tanks and put those on in the water.

A few caves don't allow such and I giant stride from the edge of the sink with all my gear on and use a rope to get back out.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Small boat...back roll.
Seawall, giant stride.
Dive platform I sometimes giant stride, but more often than not, I'll turn and sit. Too often, I've made an ungraceful entrance attempting to giant stride off a newly glassed glassed plat form that was lubed up with shampoo at the shower.
(vids and pics have been posted on the net)

Funny side note. My buddy's two young daughters decided to clean his shorty with every detergent they found in the laundry room, garage and kitchen a couple years ago. We were on a charter, suited up,when he headed to the fresh water wash down and put the hose down the neck of suit. Well as all the detergent "came out of solution", divers went down like targets at an old fashioned shooting gallery.

I didn't see the iced-tea plunge. Stand at attention with your back toward the water, hold the position and just fall back.

edit: see for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pPR004UWQo

I would not mind beach diving as much if it wasn't for the hike down to the water with all the gear. A giant stride off the back end is so much easier.

But, nothing quite as fun as a back roll off the side.

Back
Top Bottom