When a liveaboard trip is cancelled the day you arrive....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Because I could tell them about the excellent customer service, facilities and variety of diving offered by the best liveaboard fleet in history. Seriously though, I think you missed the point.
BDSC loves explorer ventures and only slates Aggressor fleet !
Aggressor fleet is the largest fleet of Yachts in the world explorer have a couple
i know where i go every time! Aggressor!!!

The OP joined Scubaboard the day she made her first post. The only content on Scubaboard from the OP is this thread. Aren't you a little curious that there might be another side to the story?
Anyway, I never said that the OP made the story up. The OP might believe what she said is true, but is factually incorrect. The OP might be honest and correct. The OP might be lying. I don't know. I only tried to remind people to be cautious about believing the story either way. Sometimes people are not working with all of the facts. Sometimes reasonable people disagree on the facts. Sometimes people are just crazy. I'll let the Thumbs Down forum speak for itself:

Disagreement on facts:
Gigglin Marlin Dive shop in Houston - STAY AWAY

Just plain weird:
Death threat

Just Bitter:
The worst experience ever

Just Crazy:
Insta-buddy dangers when women take dive trips unaccompanied

Maybe something financial? A better deal on a future trip? I don't know because there are no substantiated facts.

If you want to prove anything to anyone, you have to place something on the table. How do you think things are proven? Allegations are allegations. Facts are Facts. One proves things, one does not.

You believe the story word for word because you know the Agressor fleet is a shell of its former self? It sounds like you want believe any negative claim against Agressor, irregardless of the facts.

I have done several liveaboards in the last 10 plus years and never had one canceled. I traveled 20 plus hours, one way, to get to Oman, for a trip I won, only to have it canceled the day I arrived. I was told this was due to another group canceling and that it was too expensive to take the boat out for just 1 or 2 people. I was given the offer of staying on the boat and taking day trips out with another provider but I didn't really want to stay on a boat in a marina alone on Christmas. The only other thing offered was an extension of my voucher.

Has this happened to you? It was with Aggressor so I really thought that this trip would go on. What compensation were you offered?

Other notes: I won the trip in February 2017 and was given until January 2018 to use it. Not a problem except cruises didn't start until late November 2017, giving me very little time to actually use it.

Seems to me that Erica was just asking for other people’s experience/expectations for a situation she described. My impression was she did not know what was reasonable. She did not attack anyone who suggested maybe because she won the trip she should accept what was offered.

Gizmo, you seem to come off like you have an agenda by attacking Erica vs just offering advise to her question.

i have zero agenda's lol
but i just expressed a comon trend from another poster to attack the Aggressor fleet its a great selection of boats and destinations which ever fleet you go on charters can be cancelled thats why you have TRIP INSURANCE!!!thats what its there for !
it was not aimed at Erica at all!!!

i have zero agenda's lol
but i just expressed a comon trend from another poster to attack the Aggressor fleet its a great selection of boats and destinations which ever fleet you go on charters can be cancelled thats why you have TRIP INSURANCE!!!thats what its there for !
it was not aimed at Erica at all!!!

Trip insurance wouldn’t cover this one. It falls between the cracks...go back a few pages. :) there was a big discussion.

FWIW. The third and fourth sentences in posted by @gizmo1972 (in post #131) were not my words. Gizmo's post infers that I made those statements. My actual statement can be read in post #58 of this thread.

Specifically, I did not say:
"BDSC loves explorer ventures and only slates Aggressor fleet !
Aggressor fleet is the largest fleet of Yachts in the world explorer have a couple
i know where i go every time! Aggressor!!!"
The above is Gizmo's edit to my post. I had no part in that edit.

I only mention this for clarity.

i totaly agree with what Richmonddiver said i said it
many thanks

You are correct in that I did not know what was reasonable to ask for - hence me coming on here. I have quite a few friends in the industry who were telling me to sue them - but I didn't feel that was reasonable. Is it ok to ask for my flights to be refunded? No idea. I have quite honestly never found myself or anyone I knew in this position.

Seems to me that Erica was just asking for other people’s experience/expectations for a situation she described. My impression was she did not know what was reasonable. She did not attack anyone who suggested maybe because she won the trip she should accept what was offered.

Gizmo, you seem to come off like you have an agenda by attacking Erica vs just offering advise to her question.

No further response from Aggressor, Erica? If I recall, you were going to ask them for a voucher for a trip of your choosing and/or for the cost of the flights. Sounds like you haven't asked them for the flight compensation (yet).

As for suing them, while that sounds like justice if they continue to ignore your requests for compensation, I don't see how that would be worth it. We're talking, what, two or three thousand dollars as you see it? You'd almost certainly have to hire a lawyer unless you plan to do it yourself, in which case you're going to spend a hundred hours on it, all to recover a couple of thousand dollars. What's your time worth?

Just a thought, and before you act on this it could very well not be good advice, but here goes nothin'.

Erica, I see you are from Chicago. There is a show coming up 17-18 Feb at the Chicago Marriott O'Hare for which the Aggressor Fleet is a sponsor. It might be worth it to go to the show and to talk to the Aggressor Fleet rep face-to-face. You just might meet the person who can make this all right. On the other hand, there is also the potential for it to "go south" and you might inadvertently undo some of the groundwork that somebody has already done for your case behind the scenes.

Your call, but at least now you are aware of the show and that Aggressor is a sponsor.

Back
Top Bottom