When it rains it pours.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric Sedletzky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Even though some of this isn't really technically vintage I thought I would post up my latest good fortune that rained down on me.
I don't care to post this anywhere else since most of my friends hang on the vintage forum anyway.
It's not like I'm some schmuck that's here trying to pawn what I think is vintage gear.
You know what I mean.

So anyway, I get a call from my buddy who says he was given some of those old metal regs that I like. Some lady gave them to him because she and her husband were diving in Florida years ago and he got bitten in half by a bull shark. Anyway she was having a closet re done and this old dive gear was in a box that she forgot about. When she rediscovered it she told my buddy to take it out of her sight because she was never going to dive again. In turn he called me and told me to take it because he was never going to use it or rebuild it.

So here it is.
One is a MK5/109 BA
The other 1st stage I don't know what model it is with a 109 second. Included in the box was 2 original SP stab jackets, a womens size and a larger mens size. Both of them have early air II's it looks like (I didn't even know they had them back then)
The regs were probably bought at the same time the jackets were.
I don't know what I'm going to do with the stab jackets since I won't use them, but the regs, hell yeah!

It's funny, here I am finicking and fanaticking on my MK3 trying to pimp it out and now I get all this in my lap, great.
Why not just give a bottle of wiskey to an alcoholic.

The old gear virus, yeah, I'm screwed!

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 88
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 84
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    409.3 KB · Views: 94
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
No score on that stuff, no bite marks, WTH.

N

The other 1st is also a Mk5 but it has the environmental chamber for packing in cold water.

First

Congrats on the awesome find.

Also, awap nailed your "other" first stage. Having that enviro chamber makes for a nice set up if you want to use it in cold water (and don't mind stuffing the thing full of silicone).

The devices on the jackets are 1st gen air 2's. See here.

Clearly dangerous and should be disposed of immediately.
Any volunteers?
No?
OK, send them to me :D

Are you looking to sell the stab jackets? I had a spare BC blow out last year and I could use a replacement.

Congrats on the awesome find.

Also, awap nailed your "other" first stage. Having that enviro chamber makes for a nice set up if you want to use it in cold water (and don't mind stuffing the thing full of silicone).

The devices on the jackets are 1st gen air 2's. See here.

I actually do dive in cold water, down to 44 - 46 degrees sometimes in spring.

But then for really cold water there's always my DAAM.

I think this is the single bladder one. You have to be gentle: I had a similar one some 20 years ago, the one with 2 "TRI rings". The envelop was torn after just a few dives. I returned it, got a Finseal and still happily dive it today.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom