When to Pee your Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Never have, never will --- sorry. (And I don't tell no lies :wink: )

That is one of the main reasons I bought my wetsuit after the first night of O/W training. I heard the horror stories and decided not me.

I will say though that donning on the 7 mil after a quick trip to the privvy is somewhat annoying, especially after it is wet from a dive or 2. I stay hydrated drinking at least 1 bottle of water before a dive and 1 or 2 bottles during the SI.

It happens.....

It is a natural reaction to being cold and wet.

There was a decent article in Rodales a couple of months ago on it.

Ok Im going to come clean too!
In 14 years I have not peed my suit once!
And hope I never have too either.
Had to run and strip down fast many times.
Just the thought of all that pee in my boots EEEUUU!
Rick L

I have yet to pee in my suit, come very close to it, but not yet. I am fine while in the water but, as soon as I get out, I gots to go. I can take off a 7 mil suit faster than most while doing the dance. :bounce:

Mike M

I wish that there was a pee flap. I dive in a farmer john, so I have get out of two suits.

Mike M

I'm not having a go at all you Pro-Pee-ers out there, coz what you do in your own suit is your business, but put it another way, if you were stuck in traffic, or in another situation when you couldn't immediately go to the toilet on land, you wouldn't wet youselves, would you? You would exercise that function Bladder Control, I mean, come on peeps, we're talking 60 minutes here!

No offense intended..

Originally posted by Sea Squirt
if you were stuck in traffic, or in another situation when you couldn't immediately go to the toilet on land

Reminds me of the time we were elk hunting up in the high country and a two foot load of snow crushed our tent during the night.... I was thinking "If only I had a pee-valve in my sleeping bag."

The Empty wide mouth Gatoraid bottle

:hmmm:Apparently you really should think seriously about your relief mechanism if you've got a dry suit.

I was reading through my PADI Dry Suit Speciality course outline. I quote: (with my emphasis added)

"3. There are valve/tube devices that permit males to relieve themselves underwater and vent urine outside the suit. However, these are normally not needed in recreational diving, but are found more commonly in technical/commercial diving. Also, used improperly there may be a possibility of soft tissue injury with these systems.:eek: No comparable option exists for females at this writing.'

:whoa:

Back
Top Bottom