When to Pee your Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Uncle Pug

Swims with Orca
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
It's been a long time since Uncle peed the suit....
Been diving dry for a looooong time....

However the tendency has been to deprive myself from fluids...
And put up with the resultant dehydration...

Well sitting on the kichen counter...
Installed and ready to pee...
Is my latest addition to diving comfort...

A brand new balanced P valve!

What do you all do about hydration and temptation????
:bounce:

pees in their wetsuit. And as for drysuits, I thought that what zip-ties were invented for!

ID

if I rented or borrowed the suit...

This reminds me of a smug DM story (Uncle Pug just loves these). I was DMing a class in Alexander Springs and the little girls in the class were complaining of the cold. As they moved toward the bank, one of them exclaimed; "Hey, I found a warm spot!" The instructor calmly deadpanned that this was where someone had obviously peed. Immediately after, they said "No way!" So, I nonchalantly raised my hand in the air and said... "Sor-ry!!!!!!!!" To say that they were grossed out on the spot and quickly learned to appreciate 72 degree spring water is a definite understatement.

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

A brand new balanced P valve!
One of my happiest diving days was when I finally got my first "P" valve. It's just grand...
Rick, the Well Hydrated

That there are two types of divers... those that pee in their wetsuit and those that lie about it. I do like to relieve myself prior to suiting up. However if I do get chilled, I find it an effective heating solution. I do know of one diver who had a zipper put in... I wonder if any fish found him in that position???

Okay, I'll admit it - one of the nice things about diving in a wetsuit is the freedom to go whenever I want. There - I said it, it's out in the open at last.

The first time I dove dry, I almost blew it. Old habits die hard, and I caught myself in time, but it was close.

So now when diving dry I stay away from that morning pot of coffee and take a last minute trip to the head. That seems to do it for now. I don't think a p valve is in my future - maybe diapers???

keralucu will vouch for me on this one...

since Day 1 O/W we were instructed firmly NEVER pee in the shop's wetsuits (for hygenic reasons) - do what you like in your own.

The bit I love after every dive is seeing a posse of divers facing down current minus the BCDs and weights with their wetsuits around their knees and a blissful expression on their faces...! For us it's either that, or battle with stripping down in the head, while balancing over the "thighmaster", and holding the door shut in case it blows open to the delight of everyone standing outside!

Like I have said before, there's those that wear diapers and those that wish the they had :D

(the retort: *depends*)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom