When to train?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulmorton

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Ok guys!

well I know your not supposed to train after diving, but I dive everyday i start at 7:30am and finish around 6:30pm! i can do on average 4 dives a day!

So the question is when should i go to the gym and what training if any i can actually do?

help?

paul:confused:

quite frankly! yes most mornings finish just on the edge on a suunto cobra! the afternoons arent too bad 40 mins at 30ft! on average? but maybe do that twice in the afternoon?

any help greatly recieved?

7:30?

Shoot... plenty of time to hit the gym before you dive.

Take a look on the DAN web site under Diving Medicine, Medical FAQs.
https://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=133

There is one on exercise after diving. The suggest two hours but as usual there is not a lot of hard research done. Keep in mind the tables and your Suunto algorithms are based on theoretical models. Anything you do outside the norm increases your risk.

yeah thanks guys might have to consult dan on this one!

biggest problem is with all the diving i end up so god damn tiered the last thing i wanna do in the morning is get up any earlier! as it is for a small island i still have to be up for 6 to get everything sorted before i go to work!

but thanks anyway!
paul

Biggest thing would be to listen to your body! If your feeling tired, then you are tired and need a rest!

Before you talk with DAN, you should know what type of fitness program you will be working on. All cardio, strength training, mixing it up, sport conditioning, etc. Also, what level of exertion are you planning on putting into your workouts, is it just something just to keep you loose or are you involved in competitive sports? Different types of workouts can effect your body differently with different recovery demands, and with your dive schedule this should be important.

If you can, let us know what they say and I'm jealous of your dive schedule...

I got up and exercised before going to the shop. Nothing hard core...pushups, pullups, squats. But I took a day or two off of diving every week. Those days I would do cardio and swim a couple miles with fins. I wasn't diving 4x/day though. That's a lot. But you must be pretty lean and mean diving that much. Eat well and get a lot of sleep?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom