When using a long hose, how best to stow it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

and the train shall never meet

On the barracuda thing, I dive with a shiny bolt snap next to my face with schools of 4-5' barracuda around me all the time and have never had one look at me funny. I'm not at all concerned about a stealth attack.

Rachel

OBG, back on topic, I've been diving off a decided non-DIR non-cave-diving boat for a week, where every annoying thing that can happen with a long hose seems to HAVE happened. I've been clipping it off to the right D-ring and hooking it around the first stage, but that seems to leave plenty of opportunity for anyone other than me who is moving the rig to hang it up on something. The original suggestion looks great to me, and will get tested tomorrow.

TSandM:
OBG, back on topic, I've been diving off a decided non-DIR non-cave-diving boat for a week, where every annoying thing that can happen with a long hose seems to HAVE happened. I've been clipping it off to the right D-ring and hooking it around the first stage, but that seems to leave plenty of opportunity for anyone other than me who is moving the rig to hang it up on something. The original suggestion looks great to me, and will get tested tomorrow.

You allow others on a dive boat to handle your rig? I'd be happy to move mine out of the way anytime but would have issue with anyone moving it on their own.

I'd be OK with the Captain maybe or a dive buddy if they asked. Do others practice same as myself or am I the odd ball here?
Michael

Under Michael:
You allow others on a dive boat to handle your rig? I'd be happy to move mine out of the way anytime but would have issue with anyone moving it on their own.

I'd be OK with the Captain maybe or a dive buddy if they asked. Do others practice same as myself or am I the odd ball here?
Michael
You would have a problem is someone moved your gear? If it got moved it was probably because it was in the way.

Move it around, don't move it around... I don't really care. I used to be one of those no-toucha-my-stuff guys, but now that I can reach my valves and am in the habit of checking my kit once it's on, I'm not so strict about the touching thing.

These days it's hard to find a crew that hasn't dealt with the long hose.

When working as a Divemaster I never allow a diver to put his/her equipment in a place where it's in the way or will be in the way. We go over that in the pre-boat boarding; and we use an extensive checklist concerning equipmnet handling in the pre-dive briefing. But, I never touch a diver's equipment; especially if it has a long hose attached.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom