Where are some maunfacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Jordan. Didn't know you were a DR online Rep. You might want to get the DiveRite Logo attached to your name (or change your avatar) to reflect who you are as the other manufacturer reps have done.

PerroneFord:
Thanks Jordan. Didn't know you were a DR online Rep. You might want to get the DiveRite Logo attached to your name (or change your avatar) to reflect who you are as the other manufacturer reps have done.

OK thanks for the advice. How's that?

That'll DO!! I thought you might post something of Fishback wearing something similar! :)

PerroneFord:
That'll DO!! I thought you might post something of Fishback wearing something similar! :)

I love Fishback to death but EEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

LOL!! Welcome to Scubaboard! (BTW, I love my RG2500s).

When are you guys doing some Donut wings?

PerroneFord:
LOL!! Welcome to Scubaboard! (BTW, I love my RG2500s).

When are you guys doing some Donut wings?

Well great - I love the regs also. That is funny you mention donut wings. We have been talking about them recently, contemplating whether or not we should do one. What do you think would sell? 30 lbs, 40 lbs, 50 lbs ??? The Venture Wing already is a great aircell for single tank diving with a hard bp or a transpac, it just isn't shaped like a donut.

My only real complain with Dive Rite has been the lag in getting some more modern shaped wings to market. I don't think doing another "me-too" wing is the correct approach.

You guys have a TREMENDOUS presence in caving. I think that could easily be leveraged by producing and testing some wings that are built tough for caving. I have a few ideas I'd LOVE to toss your way if you'd like to PM.

For general consumption, I think the idea of going to narrow (Torus, MachV) but longer wings has merit. I am curious to see how OMS does with this Larry Green effort. I also think it would be advantageous to market the wings without the obscenely long corrugated hose, and a proper length LP inflator hose. And PLEASE lose the pull dump. I was rather disappointed when I bought my Classic to find it had a pull dump standard, a too long corrugated hose, and a LP hose length that didn't match what was needed. The wing market has become very competitive recently. Those kinds of details are now noticed easily.

Anyway, pop a PM.

By the way, were you at the NSSCDS Workshop? Wondering if I met you and didn't know it.

Yeah Jordan has been taking care of DR customers on boards for a while wspacially on TDS.

PerroneFord:
My only real complain with Dive Rite has been the lag in getting some more modern shaped wings to market. I don't think doing another "me-too" wing is the correct approach.

You guys have a TREMENDOUS presence in caving. I think that could easily be leveraged by producing and testing some wings that are built tough for caving. I have a few ideas I'd LOVE to toss your way if you'd like to PM.

For general consumption, I think the idea of going to narrow (Torus, MachV) but longer wings has merit. I am curious to see how OMS does with this Larry Green effort. I also think it would be advantageous to market the wings without the obscenely long corrugated hose, and a proper length LP inflator hose. And PLEASE lose the pull dump. I was rather disappointed when I bought my Classic to find it had a pull dump standard, a too long corrugated hose, and a LP hose length that didn't match what was needed. The wing market has become very competitive recently. Those kinds of details are now noticed easily.

Anyway, pop a PM.

By the way, were you at the NSSCDS Workshop? Wondering if I met you and didn't know it.

In regards to the Classic Wing (and all of our aircells for that matter). They can and oftentimes are ordered with a plain elbow and shorter corrugated hoses/accompanying LP inflator hose. The problem is oftentimes the dealer isn't in touch with what the consumer really wants, just like what it sounds like in your case. If the dealer would've asked for it when they ordered it, they would've gotten it, made to order. The thing is, the majority of our dealers still want them with the long corrugated hoses (I call these donkey dicks) and pull dumps. Of course, all of us cave divers go with the plain elbow and 12" corrugated hose. Yes, I was at the workshop. I was the guy with the head that had just been shaved. Anyways, I like your idea of marketing the classic wing with the shorter hoses and plain elbow. Thanks

Jordan, I was there with Wakulla Dive Center, and I'm pretty hard to miss! And I bought my wing off the shelf. Since the shop caters to cave divers, I'd suspect it was ordered in it's "normal" config. Just seems odd that a wing that would really only suit divers in a tech config would come not setup for technical diving.

In terms of what I think would "sell", I think there is still a LOT of room out there for a wing suited to divers in lighter doubles configs. Those carrying double 80s, or double 108s with no stages or deco bottles. Lets face it. Not everyone needs a 60# wing, but something in the 40-45# range can suit a WIDE variety of uses. If kept narrow, it would be very marketable.

I'd also seriously consider taking the plastic knob off the OPV and perhaps using a thicker cord like you see in the Agir Brokk wings. Awesome for those in gloves, and not bad for those without. My plastic knob fell off in Devils the first time I had the wing in the water anyway. I don't miss it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom