• Asia

Votes: 12 3.6%
  • South America

Votes: 7 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 2.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually in the reversed order the countries are:

Canada (Great Lakes diving, Caribbean), Israel (Red Sea, Malta, Mediterranean), Russia

Born and raised in and around Toronto, currently in Fort Lauderdale, FL with a dozen stops in both countries in between.

Marc :jester:

the question should be "where are you from?" or "where do you dive?" =-)

i`m from the us. but, i learn and dive in jp:egrin:

I'm in central Florida on the east coast near the space center (I actually work there, and no, I'm not a rocket scientist) :)

Diving is good here, you can pretty much dive the south end (West Palm south to keys) in little more than a skin for protection from fire coral. Some wear up to a 5 or 7 mil in the wintertime, but I usually dive a 3 mil shorty and I'm ok to 130'.

Also pretty close to cave country a bit north of here where the water is a balmy 72F all year round.

Diving is wonderful in FL, but you can have everything else!!! :)

Texas, what else can I say? We really don't dive the stock tanks, that is where they dive in Kansas! How ever we do occasionally dive in a missile silo. Local diving ai'n't much in this part of "The Republic" but air transpotation is always available to dive the Caribean and other places if the finances will allow.
Joe

I live near Binghamton, New York. I was certified in Florida in '94 and moved here in'97. Up until last October, all of my diving was in tropical waters, some Florida but mostly off of Grand Bahama Island. Made one or two trips a year, but came back this year with a jones for more diving. Got my AOW in the St. Lawrence in October and loved it. I've spent a bundle to reconfigure for cold water diving (previous lowest recorded water temp in my dive log was 82 degrees F) and am looking to do a lot of diving in the St. Lawrence this year.

I intend to get nitrox and drysuit certified in the spring. Plan on diving the Spiegel Grove in Key Largo in June and back to the Bahamas for Labor Day. Also planning a few dives in Dale Hollow Lake in Kentucky in July during a family reunion.

I've suddenly had my eyes opened up to all of the types of diving outside of warm, tropical water with 100 ft+ vis and want to experience it all now. But as someone else said in a post, the wife and kids (who don't dive and don't want to) kind of slow me down...

Greetings,

Well I live out in SLC, Utah where we are still running around in covered wagons and doing air fills with steam powered air pumps. :wink: Actually diving in utah is great.

Certified in October of last year and have only 15 or so dives under my belt but am hooked and love it. Being 700 or so miles from the nearest coast does'nt leave us dry on places to go diving. The mountains around us have no less that a dozen water storage resivoirs that are fairly large and provide the locals with plenty of boating and fishing varities (not to mention the divers like it too). Being in a desert also provides us with about 5 or 6 fresh and salt water springs that offer great diving and perfect spots for certification. Many of these spots can be previewed athttp://www.utahdiving.com. Our two largest bodies of water (The Great Salt Lake and Utah Lake) are not really all that good for diving.

We have at least a dozen LDS's in the state with about six in our major metro areas.

Drop us a line out west,

SD

Hawaii but lived in Austin 11 years and love it. Popeye you're lucky - I love Deal's Gap. Guess what my other hopbby is.

Back
Top Bottom