Where can I complete my PADI in Thailand

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ids

New
Reaction score
I started my PADI cert back home doing the written course work and pool dive. I am in Thailand for the next two weeks and would like to complete the open water dives but the few shops I've tried to contacted haven't been responsive. Are there any shops in the Bangkok / Pattaya region you guys can recommend?

I started my PADI cert back home doing the written course work and pool dive. I am in Thailand for the next two weeks and would like to complete the open water dives but the few shops I've tried to contacted haven't been responsive. Are there any shops in the Bangkok / Pattaya region you guys can recommend?

In Pattaya, the only two shops I would recommend are Real Divers and Adventure Divers, both have comprehensive websites with contact info. Dont expect too much from the quality of diving in Pattaya, it really is quite poor compared to other locations in Thailand,poor viz, damaged reefs, dirty water etc etc.

I'm with Lord Khram and would suggest if you could heading down to Koh Tao to complete your diving course with either Rocotopus or Big Blue...You could also head to Phuket as they're some good places still operating at this time of the year, Phuket Scuba is Kata, ScubaCat in Patong and Gekko Scuba Divers should all be able to help you out.

Ids,

Two summers ago my brother did his referral in Phuket with Scuba Cat. We were referred to them by a friend of mine and we could not have been more happy with the experience, the diving, training and the instructors. My brother did his referral and AOW while I took Specialty courses for the Master Diver while on the MV Scuba Cat. It is a liveaboard (of sorts) anchord at Racha Yai. The equipment was very good, the food also good, the rooms not bad for thailand. The nice thing was you got to go diving a lot in such a short time period. I highly recommend this set-up in Thailand for newly certified divers. :)

Phuket Scuba Diving, Liveaboard MV Scubacat

Good luck and happy bubbles,

~Oldbear~

Ids,

Two summers ago my brother did his referral in Phuket with Scuba Cat. We were referred to them by a friend of mine and we could not have been more happy with the experience, the diving, training and the instructors. My brother did his referral and AOW while I took Specialty courses for the Master Diver while on the MV Scuba Cat. It is a liveaboard (of sorts) anchord at Racha Yai. The equipment was very good, the food also good, the rooms not bad for thailand. The nice thing was you got to go diving a lot in such a short time period. I highly recommend this set-up in Thailand for newly certified divers. :)

Phuket Scuba Diving, Liveaboard MV Scubacat

Good luck and happy bubbles,

~Oldbear~
Are you sure that was only 2 summers ago? They don't have that 'boat' anymore, and I would say they have not been using it already for at least 2 summers. I may be wrong here though.
But maybe they'll come on here and tell us exactly how long ago it was decommissioned(and when they will update the website :))

Adventure divers Pattaya has really good instructors.

Also the food on the boat is amazing so its always a good day out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom