Where Can I get a Bang Stick for a shark dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, wcoyote, I can’t help you with finding a bang stick, but I do have a question. Why a bang stick? Why not just use a high-powered rifle? Guess maybe that’s illegal? Gators are protected in my state, so no hunting of them is allowed. We do have a few farms that raise them for the meat though. Yummmm, tastes like chicken!

BTW, Buff, ever eaten a picture? Does it taste like chicken?

Warhammer - Useing a firearm (pistol, rifle, or shotgun) is not permitted. I do like the taste of gator tail.
In south florida where the hunting is legal, it is only permitted for 1 of the 4 weeks in september depending on your permit, and then you are only allowed to take 2 per YEAR. Lastly, the permit is about $250 per year.

Wcoyote

I have never gotten a good response from any hunter why they should be able to hunt. It does usually come down to "You aren't open minded"- and it ends there.

As for hunting for gator....Forget the rifle just use a grenade!!!-you can get more than one at a time and you don't have to dismember them!!!!! Here's another idea....just pour motor oil into the swamp and that will choke them all....... we got enough cars.

In FL GAtor hunting is legal, but is tightly regulated. When it first started the huntws were only on certain bodies of water and you had to go into a drawing to get a permit and there were a certain number of gators you could take.

to Buff: unless you are a vegan meaning you do not use or eat anything animal related then get over it because the meat you eat, leather worn had to have an animal die. Yes the conservation aruguement works. If hunting ended then animals would over populate and starve and diseases would effect humans(you think lyme disease is a concern now). I agree animals should not be killed and left in the field, if you hunt or spearfish then you should eat what you kill. I personally enjoy going out and sitting in the woods, watching the wildlife, relaxing, and yes even killing deer, ducks, quail, dove, and squirrel. I do eat everyone of those animals that I hunt. Man is a meat eater and he is part of the food chain, and without man's intelligence man would be no match for the wildlife. It is not like people kill something everytime they go, I have not killed a deer in 4 or 5 years even though I have gone hunting each year. So as long as hunting is legal then don't preach to me about hunting. Sorry this turned into a rant, I hope ya'll understand.

Man was killing animals long before he developed this "intellect" you are refering to, the neaderthals ate too. I agree, if you kill it, eat it. But just don't kill it in the first place.

Man is omniverous not carniverous, you don't have to eat meat to live. As a matter of fact, I see a lot of heart attack patients who should eat LESS red meat. I know quite a few doctors who are becoming vegetarians because they see the effects of meat ingestion. By the way, I love a good pork chop!!!!!!!

I'm "guilty" too.

Figured that was the case, wcoyote. Probably that way to have more control. If they made it easy, everyone would do it. We a have several restaurants here that serve gator, pretty good stuff.

Nah, a grenade would make a mess of the meat. Every hunter knows that the less damage done the better the meat. Best way would be to bleed them to death, meat tastes better that way. But the gator probably wouldn't go along with that.

Buff, hunters don't argue with you because it's a waste of time and pointless. You'll never convince a hunter to stop hunting and he'll never convince that he has a legitimate reason to do so. So what's the point? But I will tell you it's a way of life, and not just in the south mind you. It's been that way since the first settlers came to this country and it always be that way. And just so you know, as a southerner, I wish you yankess would have just let us succeed from the union, the world would be a better place.

Great, care to come on down and go with me on a wild hog hunt? It'll be some of best pork chops you ever eat! But I must warn you, the wild hogs are about as mean as gators and you don't want to corner them.

The wild hogs a are serious threat to the local farmers. They destroy millions of dollars worth of crops every year. And if us hunters didn't control that somewhat then you might not have any bread, cereal, and etc for that vegitarian diet.

I have heard of these wild hog hunts in Hawaii-those hogs are mean and they rip apart the island. The hogs are not natural to the island and believe it or not this is one hunt I do support. They have a pack of dogs that surroung the hog and then you take a large machette(is there such a thing as a small machette) and slit the animals throat-preferably when it's not looking. That's a real hunt to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom